Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pic's of BI XTI boom

corey

Does anyone have pictures of a barefoot international XTI boom in use or mounted on their boat? We have this item listed on our website but we have no pictures of one actually on a boat.

Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

"WE", are you BI or a reseller? send me one and I'll get you a picture of one. ;) Honestly I'd love to see one because I want to get one for teaching my kids in the next couple years.

We are a reseller, I figured BI would have a photo but they do not. We have pictures of their (BI's) other booms actually mounted on a boat which I think helps people understand what they are and how they work so I'm just looking for one mounted on an XTI.

• 3 weeks later...
We are a reseller, I figured BI would have a photo but they do not. We have pictures of their (BI's) other booms actually mounted on a boat which I think helps people understand what they are and how they work so I'm just looking for one mounted on an XTI.

I have a pic of it on an 03 XTI. I will scrounge it up and get it to you. I have a Titan I tower and it is the contour boom that I run right between the tower mount and the windshield.

The XTi makes it really easy to crawl out onto the boom with the walkway right there.

I have a pic of it on an 03 XTI. I will scrounge it up and get it to you. I have a Titan I tower and it is the contour boom that I run right between the tower mount and the windshield.

The XTi makes it really easy to crawl out onto the boom with the walkway right there.

I'd like to see a pic of that too. I take it you're using the boom on the port side? We've only used them on the starboard before. Dontknow.gif

That would be AWESOME, I have yet to find a picture. The lakes are still frozen here so I havent had a chance to get out and track someone down with this set up.

• 2 weeks later...
That would be AWESOME, I have yet to find a picture. The lakes are still frozen here so I havent had a chance to get out and track someone down with this set up.

i am also looking for a boom for a wakesetter 21 xti with a titan 2 tower so can anyone tell me where to get one and how much they are, i got a price from dan last year but i dont know if he can still get one from him

Edited by wsdud

I'm a year or 2 out since my twins aren't even 2 yet. But I'm going to want either a tower or xti boom when they are ready to go. I know I'd really like a picture of it so I can decide if I want the XTI or spend the extra for the tower boom. Too bad you're not closer, we could set one up for a day so you could get your pictures.

I think either boom would work great for you. Personally I think the tower boom would really only be necessary for V-Drives as it mounts farther forward and should help keep kids out of the spray a little more. As soon as the temps warm up around here I should be able to give you more solid advice on it. I don't mind skiing in 40 degree water, but when the air is 40 degrees I'm staying out.

I have a 2004 Sunsetter 23XTI with the XTI specific BI boom. It doesn't work as one would hope but it can be made to work. The standard pop-up pylon is too short to mount the boom to. I had to remove that pylon and get a longer pylon. Once the longer pylon is installed you have a new problem. The longer pylon won't recess low enough to be able open and close the engine cover. We ended up cutting a notch in the cylinder into which the pylon slides. My pylon now has three settings. DOWN (top of pylon even with top of engine cover), SLALOM (pylon popped up only slightly allow a tow rope to be attached ) or UP/MAX (only used to attach the boom). Next time I work on my boat, I'll see if I can remember to take a few pics and post them...

Jeff/AirChair1

I think B.I. has corrected this problem by retooling the clamp. Quite a few boats have pylons which are to short or have to much bevel to accomidate the old clamps. Word on the street is that the new clamp and instructions for its installation are VERY near.