Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge?

jessem

Can a power wedge be added to a 06 VLX that has the manual wedge? If so how hard is the install?

i could be wrong but i heard that a power wedge cannot be added to a boat once it leaves the factory. "BUT I COULD BE WRONG" if it is possible i would say that it would be really hard. :)

Can a power wedge be added to a 06 VLX that has the manual wedge? If so how hard is the install?

My dealer told me no. I think that has been the consensus in here in prior threads too. Maybe look at the new floating wedge.

My dealer told me no. I think that has been the consensus in here in prior threads too. Maybe look at the new floating wedge.

Piss on the floating wedge... I will just leave the manual wedge that I have if the power wedge cant be retrofitted afterwards.

Piss on the floating wedge... I will just leave the manual wedge that I have if the power wedge cant be retrofitted afterwards.

Sorry there bro -

Sorry there bro -

Hey you have nothing to be sorry about it's Not your fault Biggrin.gif but Yeah it sucks, I lived with the manual wedge on my 03 Wakesetter so it won't be all that bad on the 06 VLX I am picking up from FL LONG BALL.

Edited by jessem

Anything is possible, but due to the integration between the various systems on the boat and the Power Wedge control module, it's cost prohibative to retro-fit. You would be better off selling your boat and upgrading to a 2007 with the Power Wedge from cost standpoint.

OUCH! That could leave a mark! Innocent.gif On the pocket book, that is. Certainly not worth going thru a boat sale and purchase just for a stinkin' wedge, IMHO. Shocking.gif

Anything is possible, but due to the integration between the various systems on the boat and the Power Wedge control module, it's cost prohibative to retro-fit. You would be better off selling your boat and upgrading to a 2007 with the Power Wedge from cost standpoint.
OUCH! That could leave a mark! Innocent.gif On the pocket book, that is. Certainly not worth going thru a boat sale and purchase just for a stinkin' wedge, IMHO. Shocking.gif

AMEN I just bought the 06