Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Carbureted Malibu Response 5.7 Oil Pressure Switch, Sensor, & Sender Unit -- Need Help Please!

TrumanLaker

Hello Everyone -- I'm needing help with model numbers so I can get my boat back on the water. 

Issue:  My boat started alarming "low pressure" and would drop to 16-18 PSI on the digital readout whenever I would slow down in the no wake zone to dock.  It would also do it when I would slow down to pick a tuber or wakeboarder up.  Otherwise, the oil pressure was fine.

The guys at the marina that winterize and maintain my boat are having trouble finding the parts I need.  They are not a Malibu Authorized Dealer and there aren't Malibu Dealers near by (the shop I purchased from went out of business several years ago).  We called a dealership that has helped us with parts before and they say my year is supposed to be fuel injected.  I assure you, it's carbureted, 5.7L Motor.  The Serial No is IC997981.  The marina ordered what they thought were equivalent parts on Amazon.  Unfortunately, that did not work at all.  Now the oil pressure drops to zero (in the shop where it's being repaired).  They do not hear any type of knocking and assume it's because we need the correct parts to solve the problem.

Can anyone please help me with the part numbers for my Malibu Response 2004 5.7L serial no IC997981:

1. Oil Pressure System Switch
  2. Oil Pressure Sender Unit
  3. Oil Pressure Sensor

If anyone has any advice or experience with this, please let me know.  If there are any other parts that I need to correct this problem, please advise.

I have photos of the parts, but can't seem to find a way to post them...

Edited by TrumanLaker
added information

Others will chime in but those numbers for oil pressure sound fine. Common for these to get those alarms as the engine slows from higher rev's. If you haven't done a full tune-up now is the time also.

9 hours ago, footndale said:

I would call/order from skidim.com or bakesonline.com 

https://skidim.com/searchanise/result?q=oil pressure

https://www.bakesonline.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=oil+pressure

Idle is around 4 psi and the gauges and sensors where never Indmar's strong suit. :)

image.png.a1a9f3230dc05803234402afa034ae47.png

Skidim 

Bakes and 

Ski Boat Parts online,

all three have great phone support staffed with people who know boats. 

Edited by Bozboat