Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

P&P Ballast Vent lines (missing??)


Hamboats

Recommended Posts

Forgive the newb question but….

 

I just purchased a (new to me) 2016 25 LSV. I have the original build sheet and it came equipped with the optional P&P ballast hookups from the factory. 

However, when I removed the bags to clean everything out, I noticed there were only two lines hooked up to each bag. These were the lower lines (fore and aft). There was no vent line plugged in to either bag on top. I figured maybe that was just chance and looked to find the vent lines. Well….either the boat didn’t come with them, or I’m looking in the wrong spot. 

Anyone able to clarify this for me a tad?  I’m curious where, exactly, I should be looking (though I feel it should be incredibly obvious, right?). Did my year not have vent plugs installed with that optional package?  My Google searches haven’t rendered much info on this so I figured I’d go to the experts  

Thanks in advance for any help, and again, I’m sorry for such a newb question. I seem to have a lot of them….

 

Thanks

V

Link to comment

Does the Wakemakers auto vent kit connect to a discharge hose that expels the overflow water outside the boat?  I don't have this on my A22 and think it's a good idea.  

Link to comment
ahopkins22LSV
27 minutes ago, PopsA22 said:

Does the Wakemakers auto vent kit connect to a discharge hose that expels the overflow water outside the boat?  I don't have this on my A22 and think it's a good idea.  

I believe so. But would be best to contact them. 

Link to comment

you have a vent/overflow which is the front hose at bottom,  you can screw in kinetic vents for watering systems to one of holes on top of bag, cheap and easy,  you still have to open lockers and look at bags as they dont release water out the side like auto vent and they can still overfill, but you dont have to tie in to the current overflow for forward bottom hose and tank like you do with auto vent or make a new thru hill exit for auto vent

Link to comment

I just bought a 2022 22LSV and installed fatsacs last night with the P&P connections. On the starboard side I have an air vent hose which I attached to the top of the ballast bag. However, there is not one on the port side of the boat. 

After doing some digging I found what appears to be an identical hose in the engine bay that is routed in through the port side of the engine bay. I don't have a picture right now but is this the air vent hose or is there another identical hose that should be in the engine bay?

I can try and post a picture this weekend once I get home if needed. I opted to not re-route it and install on the Fatsac out of an abundance of caution. 

 

Edited by Matt2364
Adding picture
Link to comment
On 5/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, Matt2364 said:

I just bought a 2022 22LSV and installed fatsacs last night with the P&P connections. On the starboard side I have an air vent hose which I attached to the top of the ballast bag. However, there is not one on the port side of the boat. 

After doing some digging I found what appears to be an identical hose in the engine bay that is routed in through the port side of the engine bay. I don't have a picture right now but is this the air vent hose or is there another identical hose that should be in the engine bay?

I can try and post a picture this weekend once I get home if needed. I opted to not re-route it and install on the Fatsac out of an abundance of caution. 

 

where is the starboard “air vent hose” coming from, the gunnels or a box on floor at front of locker?  if gunnels its auto vent, if its the box its the overflow vent from tank

Link to comment

I have the SUMO Max 575 PNP ballast bags.  What fittings did you use to attach your quick connects to the bags?  I got the kit from Wakemakers but it didn't come with fitting to insert into the PNP bags. 

Link to comment
On 5/26/2023 at 3:08 PM, PopsA22 said:

I have the SUMO Max 575 PNP ballast bags.  What fittings did you use to attach your quick connects to the bags?  I got the kit from Wakemakers but it didn't come with fitting to insert into the PNP bags. 

My autovent system from them didn’t come with the fittings either. They don’t have it in the kit because of so many different styles. 
 

But….give Wakemakers a call, tell them the bag you have and they’ll get you hooked up with the correct fitting. They’re a good and easy company to work with. 
 

I have the older Straightline 900’s and it took the ¾” fitting. I wasn’t certain which one it was supposed to take and the call got me squared away. 
 

1-888-338-6085 is their number. 

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, granddaddy55 said:

where is the starboard “air vent hose” coming from, the gunnels or a box on floor at front of locker?  if gunnels its auto vent, if its the box its the overflow vent from tank

The Starboard Air Vent Hose comes from the gunnels. Again, no air vent on the Port side. 

Here are some pictures of what I found on the port side of the engine bay, is this the Port side Air vent that I just need to re-route back to the gunnels where it should be?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lZeY6KsKcPbC3gIfbhUlO55Oj9O2DH6u/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13UTLEbv9JGzE2IOjBd6oP6WIRKFn0WB8/view?usp=sharing

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...