Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon 409 SS 400HP MAGNUM Smart-Tune-X Boat .

Has anybody put a smart-tune on their Monsoon 409.   I am wondering if it is worth it and did you have any issues once the smart tune was installed.   I know it will void the warranty,  but my warranty has expired on my TXI anyways. 

Thanks for the info.  Randy

1 hour ago, DeShone said:

Has anybody put a smart-tune on their Monsoon 409.   I am wondering if it is worth it and did you have any issues once the smart tune was installed.   I know it will void the warranty,  but my warranty has expired on my TXI anyways. 

Thanks for the info.  Randy

Your motor already has the smartest tune it will ever get. 

What is it you are looking for that the OEM tune doesn't provide?  You already have a closed-loop ECM that is tuned to safely run your engine in the most difficult performance situations that car engines rarely see.  A boat engine is always under high load since it never gets to coast or go downhill.  Surfing (and especially with the wrong prop) is an extreme load for a long time, but even just moving the boat without more load is similar to a car pulling a heavy trailer uphill.

If your "smart" tuner will warranty your catalytic converters, pistons, and rods, go for it.  Please post photos of the damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A marine calibration is very different from an automotive one.  Marine cals are richer due to the duty cycle and boat specific attributes not common on an automobile.  Cooler running temps and cat requirements also drive a different marine calibration.  As noted above, if you venture down this path, internal engine pictures will be requested.