Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Maliview / Viper v14.2 update file to fix screen freeze / reboot

Hi All, 

Crossed over 300 hours on my 2009 VLX last summer and started having the malivue screen freeze / reboot issue that seems to be very common.  Did tons of reading and I have the original viper with software v14 on it and sounds like 14.2 update should solve the issue.  I was able to get the file from a dealer last year but the boat would not accept it, sounds like it might have been a USB format issue and I need to make sure it is FAT formatted (not exactly sure how to do this but ill figure it out).  Unfortunately I went back to the email and I am getting an error message for the update files and cannot retrieve them.  Hoping they will resend if I call tomorrow but was tough to find a dealer to actually send it so hoping to get lucky again but figured I would ask here as well.  

When I would try to update it, the screen would go into a "bootloader" white screen, then almost immediately freeze into blue screen, then reboot with malibu logo, then back to the settings page.  Does this sound like wrong USB format?  Has well over 12v resting voltage, and I tried it plugged into onboard charger, as well as with boat running with charging voltage to rule out low voltage.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and if can get a copy of the software file I would REALLY appreciate it!

if it is easier to send, my email is:  [email protected]

Please ignore or delete, another forum member sent me the update files and it worked first time.  Not sure why I had issues getting it to take last summer.  Thank you!