Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OJ props

D-GOOSE

Has any one used or knows any one that has used the new OJ EDGE.

The XMP EDGE was developed in 2005 for the hardcore wakeboarders and skurfers. The XMP EDGE is the first propeller in our industry designed specifically for the V-drive wakeboard boat and offers a larger diameter with lower pitch to better handle the additional ballast added to the wakeboard boats. The 14.25 X 14 XMP EDGE is available in either left hand or right hand rotation in 1 1/8” and splined bores.

I have the 14.25 X 14 XMP EDGE on my boat and love it. Up at stampede which the elevation is around 7,000 feet full ballast and the wedge down. It took a long time to get on plain with the stock prop but after I bought OJ prop there was no issue's. Granted I haven't tried any other props besides those two but I am very happy with the OJ prop. I didn't loose much top end either, if any. Which I thought was strange but it definately got me on plain faster.

Call Eric at OJ. He will be glad to help you out. I had an issue with my XMP on my SLXi and he sent me a brand new prop in about a week. Awesome folks to work with!

I heard that was a good prop for the newer VLX/247/LSV and is comparable to the acme 1235 14.5 D 14.25 P.

How is the jet wash and roost? Did you have that prop on at the WOW?

I can't remember if I had it on at the WOW or not. As far and jet wash and roost don't remember that either it's been to long since I've had it out. Not much help am I Dontknow.gif

I have the 14.25 X 14 XMP EDGE on my boat and love it. Up at stampede which the elevation is around 7,000 feet full ballast and the wedge down. It took a long time to get on plain with the stock prop but after I bought OJ prop there was no issue's. Granted I haven't tried any other props besides those two but I am very happy with the OJ prop. I didn't loose much top end either, if any. Which I thought was strange but it definately got me on plain faster.

On Propellersonline, they have 3 that match that spec. The differences are in the cup size. Do you know which cup size you bought? And no, this is not a set up. ;)

On Propellersonline, they have 3 that match that spec. The differences are in the cup size. Do you know which cup size you bought? And no, this is not a set up. ;)

Right off hand I'm not sure, but I will look next time I am down at the boat storage, probably this weekend

Have some great news, I talked with Eric at OJ and he is willing go let people from the crew do a “try it before you buy it” program. If you like the prop just call back with your CC# for payment.

I was wrong on the cup size info as well. If you look at the hub and see nothing then the cup size is .90 and the.110 (cup size) will be stamped on the hub.

You would be the one to know about cup-size...... Tongue.gif

A fan of all cup size's, just some work/look nicer then others.

Wait a minute. . .what are you really saying? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

Innocent.gif

Just out of curiosity, how much effect is there on top end with the new prop ?

Not sure, I'll be doing some data tests when I can hit the water. If you like I could let you use it for Memorial weekend. What prop are you running? I would think one of the new OJ props or the ACME 1235 would work out great for you.

I have both of them

#468 - 14.25 X 14 LC

475 - 14.25 X 14.5 LC