Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'06 Wakeboard Boot Recommendations?

smeagol

Most of my local board shops are 45 mins away and most have none or only one or two of these 2006 models in stock, so it is likely that I will be buying on-line without trying them on.

I'm looking at the HL Murray, HL 3DS, CWB Torq, CWB Zeus, LF Transit, and LF Watson.

On the Murray's I've read that the Boa system can break fairly easy.

On the 3DS, I understand they are stiffer than the norm, and as a downhill skier, that has some appeal to me.

On the Torq and the Zeus, not sure if the hinge system is more than a gimmick and have read that the Torq's are not that durable.

I don't know much about the Transits or Watsons, just put them in my list since I may not get to be that choosy with many of these models running out of my size at several of the on-line vendors.

I currently have HL Spins on a HL Motive board.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.

Most of my local board shops are 45 mins away and most have none or only one or two of these 2006 models in stock, so it is likely that I will be buying on-line without trying them on.

I'm looking at the HL Murray, HL 3DS, CWB Torq, CWB Zeus, LF Transit, and LF Watson.

On the Murray's I've read that the Boa system can break fairly easy.

On the 3DS, I understand they are stiffer than the norm, and as a downhill skier, that has some appeal to me.

On the Torq and the Zeus, not sure if the hinge system is more than a gimmick and have read that the Torq's are not that durable.

I don't know much about the Transits or Watsons, just put them in my list since I may not get to be that choosy with many of these models running out of my size at several of the on-line vendors.

I currently have HL Spins on a HL Motive board.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.

I have the torq's and cannot really say anything about the durability as I only have used them a few times, but I do love the hinge system. Makes it easy to get into.

--Robert

I used the CWB Zeus all last year and they are great! The hinge is no gimmick, it's the bomb. No more binding lube and you can even get back into the bindings when you crash without getting back on the platform. The Zeus also will hold down your heels better than any binding I've ridden. The only draw back is the earlier models have laces that are junk. It's an easy fix and CWB will send you the upgraded ones for free. The only reason I'm not ridding them this years is I went with the 07's.

My $0.02

I was on the waiting list last year for the new Watsons. They gave me a pair of Sphynx's to hold me over since the wait was 6 months or so. I hated the Watsons, just didn't work on my feet, and went back to the Sphynx's. They are a VERY comfortable boot.

I got a pair of LF Sphynx 06 at the beginning of last summer...loved them. Very comfortable and they have just enough support for the average rider. Good luck on the search.

I love my 3DS. I am not sure you can compare the stiffness to a Snow ski boot but my snow ski boots are realativly flexy for the Park and pipe. The 3DS are super comfy and I really like not having to worry about push through when landing hard in the flats.

Edited by jessem

I know you didn't list them, but last year I got a set of 2006 HL Parks with the lacing up the back and I love them. This was my first binding upgrade, and I was blown away at the imporved amount of feel and control I had of the board with the change. Much more than I would have expected.

Just another option.

• 1 month later...

Just to close this out, since I'm sure everyone is dying to know what I did...

I ordered via mail last year's version of the 3DS in Large, got them and they felt like those climbing shoes that require you to curl your toes up... I was exhausted just getting them on. Other than the pain inflicted, I thought they were excellent boots.

I then took the 2.5 hours it takes to get back and forth across the city to the only board shop in town. Tried on the next size up 3DS and they were too big. So, my foot is just between sizes and I had to rule out the 3DS.

I tried on several other boots while there and decided on the CWB Factions.

Grizzly Sports was excellent to deal with, I sent back my '06 3DS and got the '07 Factions for significantly less than anything I could find elsewhere on the internet.

Just to close this out, since I'm sure everyone is dying to know what I did...

I ordered via mail last year's version of the 3DS in Large, got them and they felt like those climbing shoes that require you to curl your toes up... I was exhausted just getting them on. Other than the pain inflicted, I thought they were excellent boots.

I then took the 2.5 hours it takes to get back and forth across the city to the only board shop in town. Tried on the next size up 3DS and they were too big. So, my foot is just between sizes and I had to rule out the 3DS.

I tried on several other boots while there and decided on the CWB Factions.

Grizzly Sports was excellent to deal with, I sent back my '06 3DS and got the '07 Factions for significantly less than anything I could find elsewhere on the internet.

Ronix closed toe are the shanizzle. step up to 07 and you will not be dissapointed

TRANSIT's are a great choice and highly recommended. Our local pro was the one that recommended these to me and I would buy another pair in a heartbeat. I tried the Watson's and went back to the Transits. Watson's were a little too stiff for me.

My wife rides the Torq bindings and those are very good as well, but she thinks my Transits are more comfy for the long runs.