Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flooring Material on 2022+ Axis Boats

Does anyone know who is the OEM supplier for the soft touch flooring in the Axis boats?  I may need to replace some pads in my T250 and I'd like to get something which is color matched to the original.

I know everyone will tell me to get gatorstep which is nice, but it they don't have a color match to my existing stuff

32 minutes ago, rennis said:

If you find out tell them we all hope they do better next time. 

I’ve had multiple people take falls on my soft grip flooring on my 2022. Much slippier and weaker material than 2021 and prior. I was very disappointed. 

NorCalSurfer

They produce in-house. I got samples from both GatorStep and SeaDeck. Neither was anywhere close to matching. You should have a 5 year factory warranty. 

370812C7-FAD5-42F0-9AB1-319DEFE08A6D.jpeg

Mines being replaced right now but from what I saw it’s not much different. Mines being replaced due to cuts that were in the floor during delivery . When they tried to get just the couple pieces , they had changed mid  2022 and had to order the whole interior . I decided to wait rather than lose time last season. I’ll know Tuesday when I pick it up . I think they took a whole day to strip the old stuff off 

22 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

Mines being replaced right now but from what I saw it’s not much different. Mines being replaced due to cuts that were in the floor during delivery . When they tried to get just the couple pieces , they had changed mid  2022 and had to order the whole interior . I decided to wait rather than lose time last season. I’ll know Tuesday when I pick it up . I think they took a whole day to strip the old stuff off 

Stripping off the old stuff is a nightmare!  Let me know if/how the new stuff is different!

I'm dreading the day I upgrade to Gatorstep.  Might go for it next winter.  Probably will commit to it this summer after enough people eat sh*t simply walking around the boat. 

i still cant believe they didn't test what ever they are installing! blown away they would install a slippery surface for a product that is suppose to be nonskid/softgrip!  sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

I wonder if there is a tool that can be used to add the texture like gator step has?  Seems like its scraped with some sort of comb blade. The flooring is deadly.

1 hour ago, smuurph84 said:

i still cant believe they didn't test what ever they are installing! blown away they would install a slippery surface for a product that is suppose to be nonskid/softgrip!  sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

I'm in the minority as I would have never given it a second thought if not for this forum.  Unless later 2022 builds (like mine) they incorporated some changes where it is less slick.  While I could see it probably being a little slicker, I can't think of 1 slip related to it on our boat.  

31 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I'm in the minority as I would have never given it a second thought if not for this forum.  Unless later 2022 builds (like mine) they incorporated some changes where it is less slick.  While I could see it probably being a little slicker, I can't think of 1 slip related to it on our boat.  

could be whats getting on it.  i have GS but did a big boat bling vinyl sauce cleaning  snd conditioning sauce application heavy instead of the usually done wipe off excess method.  normally with less textured vinyl like my axis the heavy application would be extremely slippery.  with my hex vinyl it was not slippery when wet just a bit greasy when wet.  BUT my gs got slippery from transferring it with feet to floor and gunnels.  i am gonna let that happen one or two more trips then i am going to clean GS.  right now it still will be transferring but had mostly soaked in and finslly looking a little dryer with less shine after using it after vinyl job.  

betting transferring, spilling. over spraying of boat and human products like sunscreen may be an issue and for those cleaning it up it may still be happening each time.  the scraped texture makes a big difference 

3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

We surf a ton(a lot of wet riders in/out) so its usually wet and that's when its a problem since there is no texture on it.  Our ramp is a bit steeper and if anyone stands up when the boat is on a slope they are going down for sure.

Edited by vanamp