Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SSLXi Ballast Plan

jetskipro550

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jetskipro550

• WakeGirl

• pennery

• ffdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It worked Clap.gif I just dropped the boat in the water, turned on the pump, and it filled up! Once it was full I pulled the boat out of the water to see if I was going to have issues with water flowing back out of the fill pump, and sure enough I did. I am really glad I installed ball valves on both ends of the sacks cause as soon as I shut them the water stopped flowing. Next weekend (studying permitting) I will drill another hole and hook up the other pump, but for now I am going to go clean up my mess so the rest of the family can go out on the water this afternoon.

Four times out in one weekend...this is shaping up to be a great summer!!! :)

Edited by jetskipro550

I have two more questions, and then I swear I am done asking! :)

1. I will be adding a second "bilge plug/hole" for my other pump this weekend. I already know how to drill through the hull, but I was wondering about the actual installing of the fitting. Is there anything special I should do to seal it and where should it be placed?

2. My ballast bags swell very large and there are still air pockets left in them when they have filled. Is there any way to make the vent line more effective? Should I lower it more into the sacks?

1. I will be adding a second "bilge plug/hole" for my other pump this weekend. I already know how to drill through the hull, but I was wondering about the actual installing of the fitting. Is there anything special I should do to seal it and where should it be placed?

2. My ballast bags swell very large and there are still air pockets left in them when they have filled. Is there any way to make the vent line more effective? Should I lower it more into the sacks?

1. Use 3M marine adhesive/sealer (can't remember the exact name right offhand). It's very good stuff, I haven't had any leaks with any of the thru hulls that I've ever used it with. It takes a few days to cure, so plan accordingly on that one. Make sure that you make the hole just barely big enough for the plug to fit through. It's very easy to get it too large & if you do that then you won't have enough lip to mount & screw the flange to. Does that make sense?

2. Can't comment without seeing it.

1. Use 3M marine adhesive/sealer (can't remember the exact name right offhand). It's very good stuff, I haven't had any leaks with any of the thru hulls that I've ever used it with. It takes a few days to cure, so plan accordingly on that one. Make sure that you make the hole just barely big enough for the plug to fit through. It's very easy to get it too large & if you do that then you won't have enough lip to mount & screw the flange to. Does that make sense?

No water for a few days huh? Good thing for me (have finals), bad for everyone else. :lol:

2. Can't comment without seeing it.

The only pic I have is on my cell and its pretty worthless...I guess I will just play with it next time I am out and see if any changes work