Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remove bad starter

Can’t remove bad starter. Has only 2 bolts which I removed. Sprayed w lubricant, won’t budge. Can’t get real good access but hit it pretty good w a couple tools. Won’t come loose . Monsoon 350 INDmar , arco marine 30459 starter.https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/arco-marine-30459-replacement-inboard-starter?gclid=CjwKCAjw_YShBhAiEiwAMomsEIZPr36DwpB8el8WyNMy-vnTd1_Fmj2uAJx_re0v1ywsWqR8SesFIBoCRTQQAvD_BwE

@Rednucleuswill try oil filter wrench but something is up cuz this thing really stuck bad. 

@Woodskithx for comment but confused. in my post i say there r 2 bolts which i removed and i provide the link the my starter. Then in your post u ask if i removed the bolts and u refer to a completely different starter?????????????

I was able to create a over 1/8" gap between the 2 mating surfaces (starter & engine mount location) but still will not budge by hand or hitting w/mallet. My fear is that at one time the starter engaged the pinion out and into the grooves of the engine flywheel and it stuck there. now over time those surfaces are fused or corroded together. the boat has been sitting for a few months. 

@Woodski is correct; that era GM 5.7L from Indmar should have a low-mounted starter held in by two vertical bolts.  The bolt shanks should be knurled to keep them from vibrating out.

I'm not sure if you can see the parts clearly with the watermark on the images now, but here are a few photos: