Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker covers questions

bboozer

I have an 07 VLX and we have always kept it indoors. But we are now building a house and will have a dock with a lift, so it will now be living outside during the summer. Our lake will not all boat houses, so all I can do is cover it. I was wondering about the speakers though. Our boat has 6 1/2" tower speakers, but the cans are more oblong (bullet shaped) than the newer ones and I would like to get covers for them. Also any suggestions on how to keep the boat looking new when it's out... I am going to get side skirts made for our cover and platform... 

Congratulations on the new lake home!

I've got the same situation with a covered lift and put a "trailering" cover on the boat under the lift canopy only during pollen season in the Spring.  Based on my neighbors experience with side skirts, they don't do much good preventing pollen dusting and are generally worthless unless you leave your tower up on the lift.  I put mine down.

Your speakers should be fine if protected from direct sun and rain fall.

SpeakerSox.com

As mentioned above, call Jim, don't order off his site and ask for TheMalibuCrew.com discount.

Text/Call: 707-365-2600

Jim has been one of our longest vendors to give TMC a discount. Great stuff too.

I always run an over the top boat cover and usually don't need his covers. I'm running a factory cover this year. I ordered 4 tower speaker covers AND clamping rack covers. I'll get some photos later today.

• Like 2

Totally agree, Jim is awesome! I ordered my Rev10 covers from him, he had them in the mail the same day and they are great! I'm ordering clamp rack covers from him this year as well. :thumbup:

52 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

SpeakerSox.com

As mentioned above, call Jim, don't order off his site and ask for TheMalibuCrew.com discount.

Text/Call: 707-365-2600

Jim has been one of our longest vendors to give TMC a discount. Great stuff too.

I always run an over the top boat cover and usually don't need his covers. I'm running a factory cover this year. I ordered 4 tower speaker covers AND clamping rack covers. I'll get some photos later today.

This is how I kept my boat last year. Everything stayed perfectly clean.

Our lake doesn't allow any covers on the lifts or Docks.... You can only have a small gazebo at the shoreline... I want to do the side skirts for the cover to keep the sun off of the gelcoat as much as possible... I will contact speaker socks...