Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions on new wakeboard

Malibudude

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• stewart

• D-GOOSE

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info. Is your wife an aggressive rider? I'm trying to guage the Melissa board...

No one is demoing boards until next month.... Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif So I'm not sure if we'll just have to buy one and use the performance guarantee to exchange it for another if she doesn't care for the none we purchased. Granted w/ the boat show happing locally starting tonight they may want to sell what they can...though we told them we're a for sure sale just must find the correct board....fricken irritating. So unless we can get someone to demo we may just have to purchase one and she wants to start w/ the CWB Absolute.

No, my wife is still considered a beginner and last year was her first year on a board. She has no interest in jumping w2w or aggressive tricks, just riding and having fun with a few wake jumps and surface tricks here and there.

I probably am not good at the comparisons on CWB because neither myself nor my wife have ever ridden a CWB Absolute. But as with the Substance being the best selling LF board, the Absolute appears to be the best selling board for CWB. So that would give me a peace of mind that it fits many styles of riding very well.

Per wakeworld "A fun, fast edge changing ride with a ticket for speed when dumped on edge. Once again the best selling deck just got better."

The Melissa is a continuous rocker and was very smooth. Substance is 3 stage and more pop w2w.

Good luck. For the money we shell out for gear, you would think it would be easier to demo.

Edited by wakeup
No one is demoing boards until next month....
Might be worth the ~20 minute drive past Oroville to Hughes Ski Hut in Chico. :unsure:

No answer when we called, but I did get a return email stating they are reducing wakeboards by 50-70% and closing for the summer.

Thanks for the info. Is your wife an aggressive rider? I'm trying to guage the Melissa board...

No one is demoing boards until next month.... Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif So I'm not sure if we'll just have to buy one and use the performance guarantee to exchange it for another if she doesn't care for the none we purchased. Granted w/ the boat show happing locally starting tonight they may want to sell what they can...though we told them we're a for sure sale just must find the correct board....fricken irritating. So unless we can get someone to demo we may just have to purchase one and she wants to start w/ the CWB Absolute.

No, my wife is still considered a beginner and last year was her first year on a board. She has no interest in jumping w2w or aggressive tricks, just riding and having fun with a few wake jumps and surface tricks here and there.

I probably am not good at the comparisons on CWB because neither myself nor my wife have ever ridden a CWB Absolute. But as with the Substance being the best selling LF board, the Absolute appears to be the best selling board for CWB. So that would give me a peace of mind that it fits many styles of riding very well.

Per wakeworld "A fun, fast edge changing ride with a ticket for speed when dumped on edge. Once again the best selling deck just got better."

The Melissa is a continuous rocker and was very smooth. Substance is 3 stage and more pop w2w.

Good luck. For the money we shell out for gear, you would think it would be easier to demo.

I'm just concerned that the Melissa isn't aggresive enough and won't be as consistant as the Absolute. She's borrowing a Premier this weekend to just get some perspective.

I think she would like the LF Jett. The Jett = LF Witness. If you look @ the 2 on Wakeworld, the Jett looks like the Watson, but its not (they just did a photo overlay to at least get the graphics up). Read the description of both the Jett and the Witness.

I bought the Witness after speaking to Ben Greenwood at the boat show and I can't wait to try it Yahoo.gif

(edit: I had actually gone in to either buy the Watson and the Substance and found the Witness to be a good compromise)

Edited by stewart
Might be worth the ~20 minute drive past Oroville to Hughes Ski Hut in Chico. :unsure:
No answer when we called, but I did get a return email stating they are reducing wakeboards by 50-70% and closing for the summer.
Shocking.gif What? Dontknow.gif

I'll be in Chico next week...I'll stop in and get the skinny. :unsure: If I had to guess...too many people buying online is putting brick & mortar retailers out of business. :(

I'll be in Chico next week...I'll stop in and get the skinny. :unsure: If I had to guess...too many people buying online is putting brick & mortar retailers out of business. :(

Give me a call if you see a CWB Absolute 141

Give me a call if you see a CWB Absolute 141

or a 135.

Okay here is the scoop on the Ski Hut. They have 3 boards left, CWB Pure in black 135cm from 2006, a CWB Prodigy 135cm from 2005 and a Hyperlite Premier 136cm from 2006. Winter season is still up in the air as he is considering retirement.

Winter season is still up in the air as he is considering retirement.

I thought his son took over the business. I'll have to ask my brother whats going on. He's spends half his paycheck there and knows those guys pretty well.

Edited by vlxjeff

Winter season is still up in the air as he is considering retirement.

I thought his son took over the business. I'll have to ask my brother whats going on. He's spends half his paycheck there and knows those guys pretty well.

That's what Rick told me.

Oh btw last night after the show we got home only to realize that my other hotrod car was still at Arden.... Oops.gif

I'm just concerned that the Melissa isn't aggresive enough and won't be as consistant as the Absolute. She's borrowing a Premier this weekend to just get some perspective.

Hmmmm... ever watched Melissa Marquardt ride? Looks like that board is plenty agressive. Consistent against the Absolute, I do not have any personal reference.

Best o luck.

The problem with this thread is:

We have a water skiier (not a wakeboarder) trying to buy a wakeboard for his wife...... Tongue.gif

So to mention MM, BG, DS, or any other riders and there style to him is like explaining football to a soccer player :lol:

We have a water skiier (not a wakeboarder) trying to buy a wakeboard for his wife...... Tongue.gif

So to mention MM, BG, DS, or any other riders and there style to him is like explaining football to a soccer player :lol:

Ya ya it took someone this long to post that. Shocking.gif For the record she'll get whichever board she wants, I 'm just sharing this info w/ her.

Ya ya it took someone this long to post that. Shocking.gif For the record she'll get whichever board she wants, I 'm just sharing this info w/ her.

There will still be some communication error...... Tongue.gifTease.gifTease2.gif

There will still be some communication error...... Tongue.gifTease.gifTease2.gif

The you all here are to blame.... ;)

Maybe Shnnoookie can step in and help translate.. maybe Justin has been hangin' with Greg too much Tongue.gif

And who you hanging with Sat Whistling.gif

Rub rub rub!!!!!

I think I stated my confusion on this loooonnngg ago, as proof, I submit:

I'm sorry but I saw the title of this thread & then M-dude's name.

You can imagine my confusion . Dontknow.gif

And as for this beauty:

Maybe Shnnoookie can step in and help translate.. maybe Justin has been hangin' with Greg too much Tongue.gif

The you all here:

*Type: Phrase

*Useage: Lengthy, slightly confusing version of the southern term - Ya'll

*Origin: Justin's arse

I hope this helps the you all. Thank you for participating in your daily dose of Justin Grammer 101.

Dang, she's on a roll lately :lol:

Yea, I was running a phone meeting w/ my customer (HP) and .. because I can multi task, I was reviewing the crew.. but I read that and nearly laughed out loud into the phone :lol:

.. she must have hit the L-Charge already.. I better get home! Innocent.gif