Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions on new wakeboard

Malibudude

I need some info regarding a new wakeboard for the wife especially before the crew rent-a-lake. We went out this past Saturday and it's clearly evident she is in need of a new board, after all I did get a new ski last year. Yahoo.gif She is a good intermediate rider aggressive (trust me) and is currently on the LF Luscious but it's simply just not advanced as she needs anymore. She clears the wake both directions, has done inverts just not lately, sliders, 180's, 360's occasionally. I'm looking at possibly the LF Angel or the CWB Sapphire as they both seem to fit her style. Might I add I don't know much about these sideway stance weird things..... :lol:

So please suggest away…

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• stewart

• D-GOOSE

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knowing Mrs. Malibudude & what she likes in a board, I'd have her check out the O'Brien Atla. TheGarSlayer let me ride hers when we were in Texas (thanks again Heidi!) & it really hooked up well without the need for big fins like Jess runs on the Luscious. Good pop with soft landings too - if I were going to look at a new board, that one would be on my short list. Pair that with a pair of the CWB Torque bindings....ah, now you've got me thinking about the water again & it's been snowing here.

I would of course demo demo demo. Personally I love my liquid force team, which is the same as the angel if I recall correctly. It has a nice rocker, and I can go big if that is what I want to do. It also lets me go out into the flats with ease. The board is very fast in the water, and can be very loose or rock solid depending how you setup the fins. I have it in loose mode right now which is just the cupped side fins, which let me do tail slides without catching. I highly recommend it!

Justin,

We have some leftover 06 boards that would probably work very well for her. What length are you looking for?

The current board is a 132, I'm not sure about sizing of wakeboards. Which brands do you carry?

Knowing Mrs. Malibudude & what she likes in a board, I'd have her check out the O'Brien Atla. TheGarSlayer let me ride hers when we were in Texas (thanks again Heidi!) & it really hooked up well without the need for big fins like Jess runs on the Luscious. Good pop with soft landings too - if I were going to look at a new board, that one would be on my short list. Pair that with a pair of the CWB Torque bindings....ah, now you've got me thinking about the water again & it's been snowing here.

That board looks to have the specs that I think she needs, those bindings are vastly improved from her old Belmont’s (blue/orange). We might have to go to the big evil empire to rent some. She just wants to be able to test board’s one right after another otherwise it's difficult to compare weekend to weekend. It was 76 degrees here on Saturday...nothing was going to hold us back from taking the boat out, plus it's the one day a year I get to do what I want... Yahoo.gif

Here is a picture of her current board.

00LF491.jpg

We carry LF and have a few of the women's boards from 2006 still available. Our 2007 stuff is here too, but we are making some good deals on the 2006 stuff that would be extended to all Crew members.

The Obrien Alta was in the 2006 lineup, but it doesn't look like its in the 2007 lineup. It looks like its essentially an O'brien Demented. If you compare them together.

If you want to stick with a female specific board, you may want to check out the LF Melissa. It's the first board designed by a female rider for a female rider. Melissa is a pretty aggressive rider, much like Jess.

If you don't want a genre specific board, I like the LF Witness this year. This board is designed by Ben Greenwood and has some nice aspects to it. After speaking to Ben at the boat show, and getting a smoking deal, I decided to go with this board this year. My Demented was a little small for me :blush:

I remember JZ (WakeAndSno) saying that he loves his Demented, FWIW. Another thing that I'll throw into the mix is that the ladies' versions of boards tend to be a little lighter than the male counterparts, even if the specs are identical. Not always the case, but it's common enough to be worth mentioning.

I thought that her LF was a 134? Either way, it's older technology for sure. One thing that I've noticed is that the recent trend with new boards has been for riders to go with a board that's a bit longer than they would have in the past. The newer boards are significantly lighter than the older stuff. I know that after riding that Atla, I'd look at one longer than my 131, but that's just me.

The Atla sure hooked up a lot harder than my Belmont does, I really think that would be worth her time to demo. I could have really gotten used to that board given some time with it.

I remember JZ (WakeAndSno) saying that he loves his Demented, FWIW. Another thing that I'll throw into the mix is that the ladies' versions of boards tend to be a little lighter than the male counterparts, even if the specs are identical. Not always the case, but it's common enough to be worth mentioning.

I thought that her LF was a 134? Either way, it's older technology for sure. One thing that I've noticed is that the recent trend with new boards has been for riders to go with a board that's a bit longer than they would have in the past. The newer boards are significantly lighter than the older stuff. I know that after riding that Atla, I'd look at one longer than my 131, but that's just me.

The Atla sure hooked up a lot harder than my Belmont does, I really think that would be worth her time to demo. I could have really gotten used to that board given some time with it.

I can't remember but when I looked up the board info for her current board it stated it was a 132cm.

I need some info regarding a new wakeboard for the wife especially before the crew rent-a-lake. We went out this past Saturday and it's clearly evident she is in need of a new board, after all I did get a new ski last year. Yahoo.gif She is a good intermediate rider aggressive (trust me) and is currently on the LF Luscious but it's simply just not advanced as she needs anymore. She clears the wake both directions, has done inverts just not lately, sliders, 180's, 360's occasionally. I'm looking at possibly the LF Angel or the CWB Sapphire as they both seem to fit her style. Might I add I don't know much about these sideway stance weird things..... :lol:

So please suggest away…

I can't help ya with the board, but when is the rent-a-lake?

So please suggest away…

I can't help ya with the board, but when is the rent-a-lake?

Haven't heard the dates yet...keep looking we'll have them soon.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Demented. I rode it all last summer, its just that mine is a 2004 141 version and its rated up to 220lbs. I am a few lbs over that :lol: I especially noticed the difference when I jumped back on my Player at the end of last summer.

If you look at the 2006 131 Demented and compare it to the 2006 131 Alta, they have identical specifications. The Demented looks like its still around for 2007 but the Alta looks like its gone.

I would also think theLF Jett would be a nice board for her. 3 stage hybrid rocker, with canted molded in fins and small center fin. I bet she would eventually ride this one finless. It looks similar in style to the Watson, but was designed for Amber Wing.

Check the Liquid Force website, they have 4 female specific boards. www.liquidforce.com/boards_womens

Kim has the HL Divine and its just a HL Motive with girlie graphics.

Dude, I just notice that Jess's board is a 2000 LF Luscious, its about time you upgrade her board you cheap.....

The other thing to consider is which board graphics will go best with the new VD :lol:

Dude, I just notice that Jess's board is a 2000 LF Luscious, its about time you upgrade her board you cheap.....

The other thing to consider is which board graphics will go best with the new VD :lol:

Her board is newer than that...yes it's time to upgrade it, hence this discussion. I tried to do it last year and she said no, well its time. The bindings/board/boat/truck/rope all must match.... :lol:

I'd forgotten that you road a Demented for a while.

You might also try a Hyperlite Premier, that's a good hybrid-rocker board. Hooks up good, but the landings are a little harsh.

She wants a board w/ pop, that I do know.

Her board is newer than that...yes it's time to upgrade it, hence this discussion. I tried to do it last year and she said no, well its time. The bindings/board/boat/truck/rope all must match.... :lol:

Nice try ROFL.gif but you have a sweet truck and a Bu blue would go nicely with it.