Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response and Sunsetter Hull Leaks

Anyone know if or when any improvements were made in the process of laying the fiberglass  around the rudder? From like late 90 model years on up. Have hit logs that broke loose the rudder box twice on both boats, and wonder if that's still as vulnerable to separation in newer models. With thousands of dead ash trees in our area, logs in the lakes are an everyday hazard. 

If you're in an area where you've hit logs 4 times a prop boat isn't for you. Buy a New Zealand or Canada style jet boat.

You're not far from we boat, can't imagine that much stuff in the water. Yikes. Quick edit, I think you and I have chatted. We got to ski together soon.

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.

Hi Steve! yes, let's. Hubby is retired now also so we went more often last summer. We went by west branch yesterday, is that where you go? Our Pleasant Hill Lake is in a valley, and a tornado last year tore down so many trees the headwaters are still a jumble. But we go! 

Yes, sometimes West Branch, but my local home lake is Springfield Lake a little west and north of West Branch. So small but moments away and glass during the week. I'll message you when it warms up just a bit :)

Steve B.