Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shipping a boat

diezel

Im trying to locate a shipping Company in Orlando Florida that will ship a boat back to Houston, Texas. Does anyone have any advice, know of a Company that will do this? Thanks so much!

I know it sounds funny but Kiwi carriers is the company out of washington state that hauled my last boat out to washington state from Virginia $2,400.00 The buyer of my last boat paid and arranged for it to be done but I think I could dig up the info for you tonight. They will haul from coast to coast every day but I think it took the buyer three weeks to finally get the boat after it left my house.

Why not fly Southwest down there, rent a pick up and drive back. Might be cheaper than the $2+ a mile.

Much cheaper. I flew to Tenn., rented a U-haul, and towed my boat back to Calif. for $1300 total, including gas, hotels, shuttle, plane fare, and rental truck.

Word is it's $2.50 a mile.

For $2.50 a mile, I'll pull it out there for you!

For $2.00 a mille ,I'll pull it out there for you! Rts, I can name that tune in 2 notes ;)

14 hr drive / 960 miles. U Haul charges by the mile. .50 mile x 960 = $480. Plus per day charge $49 x 3 = $150. 960 miles @ 15 mpg = 64 gallons gas x 2.10 gal = $135. Two nights motel $125. Plane ticket to Orlando $200. Total=$1090. Your time for 3 days and new boat = priceless! Rockon.gif

Kiwi's Karriers and yes that is how it is spelled!

www.kiwiskarriers.com

(360) 379-6602

1-800-762-7973

Hope this is of help for your transport.

Why not fly Southwest down there, rent a pick up and drive back. Might be cheaper than the $2+ a mile.

Much cheaper. I flew to Tenn., rented a U-haul, and towed my boat back to Calif. for $1300 total, including gas, hotels, shuttle, plane fare, and rental truck.

But doesn't U - Haul make it almost impossible by having their custome hitch and oversized ball welded on to their trucks? I know they don't "allow" towing other than for one of thier trailers.

In a pinch, I've used Enterprise Rent a Car, and also any Rental Car Co. that offers the Chevy Trailblazer, and brought my own ball and hitch.. It was important to walk through their lot first and see what vehicles had the receiver end available, go back to the svc counter and ask for that specific vehicle.

Osborne Inboard Transport does a great job. Based in KY but ship boats for Bu dealers and for CentralKYInboards as well. Family owned, insured, the works:

Osborne Inboard Transport

Kenneth Osborne Sr. 859-644-9424

Kyle Osborne 859-595-0729

Still working on their site but it's http://www.osborneinboardtransport.com/

(not a fan of the flash)

You might want to check out Uship.com

This is a cool website. We are working on shipping from Orlando to Salt Lake for around $2500 with some of the folks on USHIP.

But doesn't U - Haul make it almost impossible by having their custome hitch and oversized ball welded on to their trucks? I know they don't "allow" towing other than for one of thier trailers.

U-haul doesn't rent their pickup trucks for one-way hauls, but they rent the box trucks one-way. Those all have a hitch ball (2") for towing. The mileage is included for one-way rentals.

How about fly to Florida. Buy a good deal of a truck, sell it back in Texas making enough profit to pay for your trip? Crazy.gif

I like your thinking, a true buisness man!!!