Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Xtreme Tower

maliboo

Is the top of the new style tower the same as the 05' - 06' tower? Will the TOWERBIMINI top still fit? Do I need all new dims? I can fax or e-mail the dimensions I have if any one can check.

Dwayne

I don't know about that Dwayne, you might just want to call xtreme.

On a side note, what do you know about a water spill during a boat show setup out there? Boulder or Loveland maybe?

Peter

I don't know about that Dwayne, you might just want to call xtreme.

On a side note, what do you know about a water spill during a boat show setup out there? Boulder or Loveland maybe?

Peter

I tried Xtreme, they did not know. It would make sense that they only changed the mounting points.

I sure would like to order my bimini before it gets crazy. How do you like the new tower? The Titan III mini looks awesome but, there are maybe 2-3 guys in the state that might hit the rear leg when they pull out. Let me know if you would like pics of the new Titan.

The water spill was a 30,000 gallon pool setup by the Supra/Moomba dealer for the worlds largest indoor slider at the Denver Boat Show. I was helping setup when it broke. At first I thought it was kind of funny. Once we saw how much damage it caused to the brand new convention center, I felt really bad. We tried to help them after that as much as we could.

Dwayne

The Titan III mini looks awesome but, there are maybe 2-3 guys in the state that might hit the rear leg when they pull out. Let me know if you would like pics of the new Titan.

Dwayne

Well, I think I'm being made fun of now Shocking.gif There are at least 3 times that in that state that are very capable of getting deep into 38 but I can' tthink of more than a dozen.

What's all the other promo peeps putting on for towers?

Please post pics.

The Titan III mini looks awesome but, there are maybe 2-3 guys in the state that might hit the rear leg when they pull out. Let me know if you would like pics of the new Titan.

Dwayne

Well, I think I'm being made fun of now Shocking.gif There are at least 3 times that in that state that are very capable of getting deep into 38 but I can' tthink of more than a dozen.

What's all the other promo peeps putting on for towers?

Please post pics.

I'm not making fun of anybody that is worried about hitting a tower that is 6" perpendicular from the pylon. I wish I could worry about that.

Mike young is getting the Titan mini. I would like mine to be the boat that everybody wants to ski behind.

If I get the Titan, I may have to remove it for tournaments, which means no bimini. The drivers won't like that. Just trying to support the tourney's

Dwayne

Has anybody even seen one of these new Xtreme towers yet. Maybe I am wasting a whole bunch of brain cells over nothing and should just get the Titan mini.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

The new Xtreme is the same (to my knowledge) aside from the feet now mount on the top flat instead of on the side. I prefer the side, but it likely doesn't make any difference.

If Xtreme REALLY can't tell you if there is any difference between the '06 and '07 tower, you either need to speak to someone else or buy a Titan. Titan CAN tell you how they build their towers. hehehehe

Peter. :)

Dwayne,

The tower is different. I'm not sure how your bimini attached, but apparently the entire tower is a different size, but the idiot answering the phone at Xtreme will not make any effort and find out if it's taller/shorter/wider/narrower/etc.

Good reason to buy a Titan, and I even liked the Xtreme.

Peter.

Has anybody even seen one of these new Xtreme towers yet. Maybe I am wasting a whole bunch of brain cells over nothing and should just get the Titan mini.

Dwayne

Here are some pics of the Extreme Tower on an 07 RLXI

Extreme Tower

Dwayne

Extreme Tower

Can anyone tell me how to post pics without using an external site? Can I upload them directly from my computer? The help section says that you can attach files, but I can't seem to find that option.... Cry.gif

You have to be a paying member to post pictures without using an external site. Click on the 'Support Us' link in the link bar just under the title picture.

Edited by weinrdog

Dwayne

Extreme Tower

Can anyone tell me how to post pics without using an external site? Can I upload them directly from my computer? The help section says that you can attach files, but I can't seem to find that option.... Cry.gif

Dwayne, from the looks in the pictures, that tower isn't going to be a source of discontent for anyone. If anyone gets that high on the boat the rope will travel up the contour. Go for it!

Dewayne,

I recently purchased a 2006 RLXI with an Xtreme tower and bimini (former promo boat). The tower looks the same as the pic listed in this thread. I will be glad to take some measurements of the tower if that is what you are needing. My boat is stored indoors at the lake we use which is 1 hour from my house. I did not plan on going to check on my boat any time soon as it is still winterized but this might give me an excuse if you need some measurements. I find it concerning that Peter did not get any help answering your question when he called Xtreme. I hope I don't have any issues with my tower. Let me know.

Michael

barefootski - I have had the Xtreme tower on the previous 2 boats 05 and 06. I really like the tower but, I think they changed it for 07 and the old bimini dimensions might not work. I would hate to order a bimini that does not fit.

FL Longball - Would you mind confirming a couple of dimensions if I sent them to you.

Peter - I must have talked to the same jacka$$ at Xtreme. They are a division of Great Lakes Marine, probably doesn't help me getting a bimini from someone else.

I sent you pics of the Titan mini. I think my membership lapsed and I can't post pics here.

Thanks for any help.

Dwayne

Got the pics Dwayne, thanks.

You are correct, Xtreme (XTP) purchased or was bought up in the same group, so that now Monster towers, Great Lakes Boat Covers, XTP, and perhaps one more is all the same group.

I did send an email to XTP regarding the lack of customer service.

Peter

barefootski - I have had the Xtreme tower on the previous 2 boats 05 and 06. I really like the tower but, I think they changed it for 07 and the old bimini dimensions might not work. I would hate to order a bimini that does not fit.

FL Longball - Would you mind confirming a couple of dimensions if I sent them to you.

Peter - I must have talked to the same jacka$$ at Xtreme. They are a division of Great Lakes Marine, probably doesn't help me getting a bimini from someone else.

I sent you pics of the Titan mini. I think my membership lapsed and I can't post pics here.

Thanks for any help.

Dwayne

Sure - I have not taken delivery of my boat yet. My boat is at the dealership and I am going there today. If you want measurements, let me know and I would be happy to get them for you. My dealer ordered and installed the Xtreme with Bimini as it is not an option from the factory.

FL Long Ball - Thanks I will e-mail the install directions ASAP. PM your e-mail please. I don't think you will have to take all these dims but a few to confirm would really help.

Peter - Please post those pics if you get a chance. Choices are good for everybody.

Dwayne

Edited by maliboo

Update from Xtreme :

<<<<<I am very sorry for the trouble that you had with Chad and trying to find the information you are looking for. Our engineering staff had gone home for the day and Chad did not have ability to get the information you needed. After digging into this I found that the towers from 06 to 07 have the same port to starboard measurements but the 07 tower leans back slightly farther. Great Lakes Boat Top told us that the bimini tops for the 2 model years are the same. Bimini information is not something that we have readily available to us, unfortunately. Please accept my apology and I can assure you that we care a great deal about your business, I think Chad was just caught off guard with an issue he did not know how to find the answer for.>>>>>>

Hope that helps -

Peter

Update from Xtreme :

<<<<<I am very sorry for the trouble that you had with Chad and trying to find the information you are looking for. Our engineering staff had gone home for the day and Chad did not have ability to get the information you needed. After digging into this I found that the towers from 06 to 07 have the same port to starboard measurements but the 07 tower leans back slightly farther. Great Lakes Boat Top told us that the bimini tops for the 2 model years are the same. Bimini information is not something that we have readily available to us, unfortunately. Please accept my apology and I can assure you that we care a great deal about your business, I think Chad was just caught off guard with an issue he did not know how to find the answer for.>>>>>>

Hope that helps -

Peter

Peter - That is one of the many reasons you are such a great dealer. Thanks

Dwayne

Hope you find somebody who can help you out. The Extreme is wayyy better looking than the Titan IMHO.

I have to agree, the Extreme is way better looking. My new RLXi has the Extreme and it looks hot. Look at the pictures someone else posted and see where the rear legs mount. Directly behind the windshield frame. If the tower is a rope issue maybe the windshield will be a rope issue too. But not for ME! Notworthy.gif I'd post pictures but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

Peter - That is one of the many reasons you are such a great dealer. Thanks

Dwayne

I agree...the standard by which all other dealers should be measured.

Easy guys - spending time online and knowing someone to contact is not a good yardstick. Think of all the dealers that are so busy with customers that they don't have the time to be here. They deserve credit for their effort too.

Side note on the Xtreme tower on the 07 RLXi - since the feet mount on the top surface of the deck instead of the on side, the benefit of having a shorter windshield for boom use is likely negated. :(

I don't know anyone that has tested a tower boom on the Xtreme tower, but if you use a Titan tower then a tower boom is the best option. With the additional hull running in the water you'll want to be as far forward as possible.

Peter

Hope you find somebody who can help you out. The Extreme is wayyy better looking than the Titan IMHO.

I have to agree, the Extreme is way better looking. My new RLXi has the Extreme and it looks hot. Look at the pictures someone else posted and see where the rear legs mount. Directly behind the windshield frame. If the tower is a rope issue maybe the windshield will be a rope issue too. But not for ME! Notworthy.gif I'd post pictures but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

Send4.jpg

Send3.jpg

Send2.jpg

Send1.jpg

There, I figured it out.