Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

iRide - Barefooting?

4runner

Hi Guys,

I'm very close to ordering an iRide (wake hull) primarily to wakeboard. With the standard 320LCR how would it go for barefooting? any idea of max MPH while towing 1 footer? Obviously not the best hull for footing but still keen to tow my footing mates.

thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm very close to ordering an iRide (wake hull) primarily to wakeboard. With the standard 320LCR how would it go for barefooting? any idea of max MPH while towing 1 footer? Obviously not the best hull for footing but still keen to tow my footing mates.

thanks

I have an '06 iRide. I've never been barefooting, but at Wide open throttle the speedo says "50 MPH" (I know it's not quite that fast and I've never checked it with GPS though). My guess with 1 footer and only a couple people in the boat would be mid 40's (44-46).

You can get 44 out of that boat for sure. Not so quick on your hull...most all footers prefer the non-diamond hull. Granted, yours is heavier than a pre-98 response or echelon, but the crests and table are as perfect as any 'bu ever made.

I have a 2003 wakesetter 21 xti. I think it is about the same as the new I-ride as far as hull, etc. I have the 310 carb. I did prop down, but it is a great boat for footing. It has a great table and I can foot right through the wash with no problems. That's saying a lot because I am not that good.

I can pull doubles without a problem with 5 or 6 adults in the boat.

Like always, if you can afford/justify it then go bigger(with the engine) but if the cost is that much more then don't bother. It would have been about a $2700 upgrade for me to get the MPI 320 and about $3500 to go to a monsoon so I just stuck with the 310. I don't have any regrets.

Unless doing wake crossings or backdeeps with a 70 foot line, it should be ok. My buddy had a RideXTi and said it was OK for barefooting but with a 90 foot line. Not sure about the 44MPH though.

320HP? I doubt you will get 44-45 with a footer in tow. I'd be more likely to guess you will get maybe 41-43 MAX with a footer in tow and little if any equipment or riders in the boat.

My BU with the 365 HH will only...I say "only" do 47-48 with footer in tow and full crew. My max top speed without a footer and only one in the boat is 51-52. If a 320LCR does better if not as good as that, then I'll be selling my boat! Crazy.gif

Edited by areamike
320HP? I doubt you will get 44-45 with a footer in tow. I'd be more likely to guess you will get maybe 41-43 MAX with a footer in tow and little if any equipment or riders in the boat.

My BU with the 365 HH will only...I say "only" do 47-48 with footer in tow and full crew. My max top speed without a footer and only one in the boat is 51-52. If a 320LCR does better if not as good as that, then I'll be selling my boat! Crazy.gif

I don't think anyone said that he could match those numbers. Remember that his hull is non-diamond, so it will not drive the bow down like on your barefooter. A lot of variables yes, but if near sea level, I would expect that boat to hit 44.

44-45 should be doable in that boat with the 320. That's propped correctly, with good water & weather conditions, running good & without a full load. But yeah, that's a completely realistic number for that boat. Pulling a footer...maybe 42-43 on a good day.

B Potts,

I don't know what engine you have, but check that speedo with a GPS & I'd be willing to bet that you're not doing 50 at WOT.

Biggrin.gif most of the boats have plenty of power for footen. I read some where to use formula (footer weight divided by ten and add 20) for the proper boat speed for footing
Biggrin.gif most of the boats have plenty of power for footen. I read some where to use formula (footer weight divided by ten and add 20) for the proper boat speed for footing

It can be done at weight/10 + 15.

B Potts,

I don't know what engine you have, but check that speedo with a GPS & I'd be willing to bet that you're not doing 50 at WOT.

I know, I even put the disclaimer in my post. I don't want to verify it though. It sounds cool to say I'm going 50 Biggrin.gif

B Potts,

I know, I even put the disclaimer in my post. I don't want to verify it though. It sounds cool to say I'm going 50 Biggrin.gif

True enough. :) Just curious, do you know what your rpms are at WOT?

B Potts,

True enough. :) Just curious, do you know what your rpms are at WOT?

Tough question, it's been a while since we've been on the water. I think it might have been around 5400. Does that sound about right?

Maybe a touch high, seems like that motor should spin out around 5000-5200 (Indmar's site lists it at 5000). That's not saying that it couldn't go to 5400 though, the rev limiter on my last boat never kicked in where they said it should. Still, unless you run a lot of weight & need the hole shot (& if you're truly running rpms that high) you might consider propping up just a little if you're looking to buy another prop as a backup.

Thanks for the info crew. I'm keen to see how it goes.

It's a extra $2000 (AUD)or so for 340 Monsoon and extra 6500 (AUD) for HH 400hp.

I'm sure my mate wont mind using his 06 response with 400hp HH for footing. that beast flogs him up to just over 50mph on guage and pretty much 1-2 MPH less for each person footing behind boat.

Thanks for the info crew. I'm keen to see how it goes.

It's a extra $2000 (AUD)or so for 340 Monsoon and extra 6500 (AUD) for HH 400hp.

I'm sure my mate wont mind using his 06 response with 400hp HH for footing. that beast flogs him up to just over 50mph on guage and pretty much 1-2 MPH less for each person footing behind boat.

shoot, overall, the 320 will be fine for Leisure footing here and there. If you'r mate has a Lxi 400HP..I would not worry about it at all. You are getting a great boat. Save the engine upgrade money for a Stereo or lighting or other custom "stuff" upgrade Thumbup.gif

It can be done at weight/10 + 15.

Last summer I did a deep waterstart with my uncle's starcraft fishing boat with a 50HP outboard. GPSed it at 24MPH. Rode as long as I could hold my breath because of the spray, but I did it... I guess you will be fine with your Iride unless you weight 400lbs or something.

Edited by 1FootDan