Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did you custom order or buy off the showroom?

DRAGON88

Custom ordering vs. showroom  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Did you order your boat or buy it straight off the showroom floor?

• Showroom floor
    • Ordered to spec

Late night poll for those of you who have gotten new boats.

Did you buy one off the showroom floor or did you custom order it from the factory?

Luckily my friend tracked down a VLX in the exact colors we wanted it was a display boat, but it was above another boat so no one ever crawled around in it. Yahoo.gif If time wasn't an issue however we would have custom ordered.

Late night poll for those of you who have gotten new boats.

Did you buy one off the showroom floor or did you custom order it from the factory?

Luckily my friend tracked down a VLX in the exact colors we wanted it was a display boat, but it was above another boat so no one ever crawled around in it. Yahoo.gif If time wasn't an issue however we would have custom ordered.

i was going to custom order my new 07 VLX,but when i went to my dealer they had one exactly how i wanted it except it was missing one option "underwater swim lights" which was not tht important to me. otherwise i would have ordered one. Yahoo.gif

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder

I made plans to custom order... then when I finally made the decision to buy, I found myself too impatient to wait (since it was mid-season) so I went with one off the floor that was in my top three color combos and that had pretty much the exact options I would have ordered.

Showroom floor. I like the pricing on a boat that's been sitting there a while Biggrin.gif

It was my first boat, so I was pretty much clueless anyway. It just happened to be a color combo and option package that really appealed to me, plus it was a fantastic deal...the trigger pull wasn't hard.

My SLXi was ordered, was very glad we did. Ended up finding my RLXi sitting on the floor in the exact color we were going to order...best part is that it was early August so end of year pricing was outstanding :) If I had to replace it today, only change I'd make would be to add a tandem trailer vs the single it came with.

Showroom floor. I like the pricing on a boat that's been sitting there a while Biggrin.gif

It was my first boat, so I was pretty much clueless anyway. It just happened to be a color combo and option package that really appealed to me, plus it was a fantastic deal...the trigger pull wasn't hard.

Sure did start at the top !

I ordered mine, but if a similarly equipped boat was on the floor, I would have bought it. There just weren't that many new design VLX's out to chose from during the boat show season that year.

Sure did start at the top !

I ordered mine, but if a similarly equipped boat was on the floor, I would have bought it. There just weren't that many new design VLX's out to chose from during the boat show season that year.

Nothing but the best! Seriously though, on our lake, we have MC, CC, and Bu. The choice wasn't all that hard for me. :)

It was an 05 Demo boat for the dealer and it was in November (of 05) in MN and I had just sold my boat and sure didn't want to be without a boat in the spring. So it was a very good time for a purchase. It met my three requirements, HH 383, Heated Seat, Nice color. It was on a single axle and I negotiated to upgrade that to a tandem and the only other thing I wish it had were cleats. But I can always put them on myself. Kinda hard for me to believe that having cleats on a boat is even an option. Oh well. Love the boat.

Our 1st bu we ordered but sold it in June and didn't want to go without a boat that season. The dealer had one of the last spray dates for the 05 and we took it. He actually built the boat in the same colors we were going to order, only the interior was the opposite. We could have changed a few options but we kept it the same...only mistake was no front ballast (which was really stupid) but thats an easy fix.

Ordered it to specs. I really liked getting the build pics from the factory. It made it a very personal experience watching my dream boat materialize daily. Thumbup.gif

Order every time. I can get exactly what I want that way, I'm way too picky for it to be otherwise. I revel in the details of all of the different options available. I honestly think that the only way that I'd do better on pricing is if I could find a leftover from the previous year, but probably not by much & I wouldn't get what I want.

Showroom, I bought a leftover that was equipped for the boat show. It had all the options. Not crazy about the green color but for the money I've gotten used to it.

Showroom, I bought a leftover that was equipped for the boat show. It had all the options. Not crazy about the green color but for the money I've gotten used to it.

So you DO still have it! Glad to see you posting. :)

So you DO still have it! Glad to see you posting. :)

Likewise...Good to see you back here. Are you still a member of the Sportsman's Club? If so, I'll sure look forward to seeing you there this summer. Hope all is well with you!

Custom building the boat is a great experience.

I loved going to the factory to see the build stages of my boat! I just watched my video for the 300th time of my ride along during the test drive at the factory ! Biggrin.gif

Maybe I will put it on youtube!

I was told there was no cost savings to ordering off of the floor, so why not get the exact one you want.

That would depend on how long that boat has been sitting on the floor and what time of year it is. If you were a dealer, wouldn't you discount more heavily a boat that you want off of your floor over one that you have no risk on that is special ordered from the factory? I certainly would.

Dealer had only one of each new model on his floor, and they were not for sale yet. This was in November and his next spray dates were in February. So you had to order. What was nice is that you could add or delete right up to the end of January which was nice because we could not settle on the colors.