Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Install of Rev12HD or Rev10HD on Gx Tower?

lerch

Has anyone installed Rev10HD or Rev12HD on a newer Gx tower in the factory position?  Curious if the newer 2-piece mounting bracket used by Malibu for factory tower speakers is compatible with the recessed mounting face of the HD speaker cans - does the bracket provide enough clearance for the side of the can? 

Yeah, they will be compatible. The hole dimemsions for the new speakers are same as previous models. You will have to use the swivel-x mount OR the new wet sounds x-hd mount to space them out for flush mounting. If you do 2 pair of 12hd’s you’ll need to use that DXT adapter to space the lower pair 2” further away. 

• 2 weeks later...

Id go one pair of 12s over 2 10s, just a much better and deeper sound on the 12s.  I tun a pair of 12s and a pair of 10s right now.  Also need to power them properly

2 hours ago, CJAY said:

Id go one pair of 12s over 2 10s, just a much better and deeper sound on the 12s.  I tun a pair of 12s and a pair of 10s right now.  Also need to power them properly

How are you tuning and powering them? I’m going to run a dsp on my boat this year. 

I'm running them on direct runs to two SD6s with 585 watts to each can.  We actually didn't change the tune from the rev10s that ran on the same channels before.  They are clear at full volume, but it's uncomfortable to turn them above about 32 on the volume.  They are a much much more full sound speaker than the 10

4 hours ago, CJAY said:

I'm running them on direct runs to two SD6s with 585 watts to each can.  We actually didn't change the tune from the rev10s that ran on the same channels before.  They are clear at full volume, but it's uncomfortable to turn them above about 32 on the volume.  They are a much much more full sound speaker than the 10

If you can make use of the remaining chnls, this has been one of my favorite "go big" amp setups for 2 pair of large tower pods. Its about the best $$$ to wattage values. 

2 hours ago, MLA said:

If you can make use of the remaining chnls, this has been one of my favorite "go big" amp setups for 2 pair of large tower pods. Its about the best $$$ to wattage values. 

Yeah I’m running my bow 6.5s off tge remaining 2 channels since I’m running 2 sd6s.  I’m tempted to tune the 12s up but not sure I need to based on how good the tune was for the 10s

55 minutes ago, CJAY said:

Yeah I’m running my bow 6.5s off tge remaining 2 channels since I’m running 2 sd6s.  I’m tempted to tune the 12s up but not sure I need to based on how good the tune was for the 10s

I didnt touch my amp after swapping, because ive metered my amp at 525W on a very clean and strong source. This may change after I get a few more hours on the new setup as they break in. 

14 minutes ago, MLA said:

I didnt touch my amp after swapping, because ive metered my amp at 525W on a very clean and strong source. This may change after I get a few more hours on the new setup as they break in. 

They are fantastic amps for some serious strong output systems.  My big issue now is taking care of the rattle on my 12” xxx and retuning it on the sdx 2500.  This by far the best system I’ve done out of all my boats.  Also the damn tiny rgb wires on the twelves are a nightmare.  Break so easy