Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgraded stereo t250.

Carguy08

I have sound pack 3 with the 4 rev 10’s. System is really good could use a sub replacement but I don’t have the time right now . Compared to a custom adjustable system , it has limits . I love the warranty and it does a good job . 

I haven't heard Malibu's tune of 4 icons on a DSP amp.  However, I had 4 icons on my 2016 T22 and powered correctly, they sounded great.  I ran them off of a JL XD800/8, bridged down to four channels so each can was getting 200w.

My concern with the dsp amps would be that the volume would be conservatively low.  I'd rock it for a while and see whether you are happy, and if not, you could work on upgrading the amp.  As @Livinlogs mentions, the sub is super weak (even if you got the 12), so if you feel a need to upgrade your system, my bet is that that's where you'd want to go first.

Don’t sleep on the icon 8s. I have them in my 2020 23 MXZ they sound excellent!!  They are powered conservatively by a 2.3 HP.  The amp is total overkill, but I can put 4 revs and run them with 300 watts a piece if I decide to upgrade. 

I think the stock systems in these boats are terrible for what we pay. I upgraded mine. 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, Carguy08 said:

Hows the stereo sound on a new axis t250.  I upgraded to the 4 tower speakers but haven't heard it.    

The 4 Rev 10s will sound great.  The rest is kind of meh.  Not terrible by any means, but definitely room for improvement in the cabin speakers and especially the sub.  

I have sound pack 3 on our boat with single Rev 10s.  It does an overall fine job, but we have young kids and rarely get a chance to turn it to 11 anyway.  If I was younger and trying to be "that guy" I'd be a little disappointed in the performance for the cost. At my age and pre-existing levels of hearing damage, it's probably just right as-is.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been back and fourth on this. I told my dealer "I want the kids to be able to hear it while wakeboarding, I don't need everyone on the lake to know I am there".