Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aftermarket Surf Tab Review

RCR47

Hey all- I'm new to this site, so forgive me if I'm asking a continuously asked question.....

I have an 04 23LSV and I'm exploring aftermarket surf tabs to install. Do you all have pro's/con's for Infinity Wake, Evolution, or GSA systems? 

I'm here in NorCal and a couple of shops I've talked to, don't want the responsibility of installing on a hull as old as mine. 

Thanks in advance!!!

I have Evolution w/ the controller from WakeGarage on my '04 LSV and I love them. I've used GSA and Infinity in the past. I like Evolution better than Infinity and though I like GSA better than Evolution (thought haven't compared GSA on an '04 LSV), I like the versatility of Evolution. I use them for tweaking the wake for kids doing things behind the boat, for slalom skiing, and just to level the boat out. I like the surf wave a lot and I'm hoping that with a power wedge it'll get that much better by being able to tune it more. We'll see.

I installed Infinity myself on my 2011 VLX. The wave is way better than any suck gate or fake gates that I tried. I chose Infinity because it was a thousand dollars cheaper than GSA at the time although GSA had a better controller. This is the single best modification I have done to my boat. I don't think the wave will be much defferent between the GSA and Infinity. Its all about what controller you want. We just lower the appropriate tab and leave it down for the whole surf session. I was surprised at how little the tab effected the way the boat drives at surf speed compared to the surfgate on my buddy's boat. 

I put the GSA system on my Calabria. Overall pretty easy system to install and the GPS controller works great! I can fully adjust the tabs and deploy both to plane out quickly when fully loaded with ballast. 

mrothwell - I'm running 4 full stock hard tanks + a 650 v-sack up front + I balieve 600 or so in each rear locker and full wedge. The rear sacks completely fill the lockers. not even a life jacket will fit when full. moving the wedge will change the wave from taller and shorter to longer and lower. sometimes when I have only 2 or 3 in my crew I will add a dong sack down the middle. This kind of weight will not work in my boat for wakeboarding, only surfing. For wakeboarding I drain the rears to about 1/2. I also ride regularly on my buddies 2017 23-LSV and my surf wave has a vary similar shape just not quite as big. 938852026_ballast2.JPG.a6bd1d97e284f9b846a6793c9203e709.JPGI also have installed three reversible pumps for the three aftermarket sacks with seperate togle switches. I highly recomend this for quicker filling and draining. No more throwing a pump over the side.

river 7-3-20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, RCR47 said:

Hey all- I'm new to this site, so forgive me if I'm asking a continuously asked question.....

I have an 04 23LSV and I'm exploring aftermarket surf tabs to install. Do you all have pro's/con's for Infinity Wake, Evolution, or GSA systems? 

I'm here in NorCal and a couple of shops I've talked to, don't want the responsibility of installing on a hull as old as mine. 

Thanks in advance!!!

I installed the GSA on my 07 23 LSV myself.  It was nerve wracking but not too hard if you are mechanically inclined.  The owner as GSA is always available to chat on the phone and he was very helpful.  Now go drill 35 holes in your transom!