Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY boat upholstry

infantrybu

anyone ever reupholstered their own boat or know of any websites about DIY upholstry...my boat is needing to be re upholstered and I would like to do the project myself to say I know how to do it.

Actually I was just thinking today that I would like to get a couple of little tears on my Interior fixed as well....I don't know how to do it myself and it strikes me as one of those tasks that I let a professional do... Best of luck to ya! Biggrin.gif

anyone ever reupholstered their own boat or know of any websites about DIY upholstry...my boat is needing to be re upholstered and I would like to do the project myself to say I know how to do it.

I've done a few. Are you looking to redo the vinyl and/or the carpet?

infantrybu,

Not sure if you have search this from or not regarding new skins from Chee.

If not do a quick search and you will find that Chee works for mailbu and will make you new factory skins for you boat that you can install or have installed by a shop.

Let me know if you have any questions.

There is always a little adjusting to do, but usually they are really close. You will go about this one at a time using the skin you take off as a guide for putting the new one on. I am really handy, and this was not something I did because of the special staples, stapler and my general lack of knowledge on the shape of foam and such when you pull off the original skin.

My advice to you is this, people notice the upholstery immediately, spend the few bucks and let a professional make your boat look like new.

IMHO! Biggrin.gif

-Infantrybu

I would be happy to give any advise that I can to help you. There are definitely things to watch for and little "tricks" of the trade. Go ahead and e-mail me with some questions and we'll just go forward from there.