Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any changes in the 2023 25LSV

familyfun

Did some searching, and unless I missed it, did not see much/anything on what changed for 2023 on the 25LSV (maybe not much did).  We have a 2022 25LSV (M6), and am thinking of moving to the LT4.  When we ordered the 2022 we could not get premium gas on the lake, that changed recently so now we can.  I wanted the LT4 in the 2022, but the 87 octane available at the time made me too nervous.

Anyway, looking for any info on what may have changed in the 25LSV for 2023 (I don't like surprises).  I did hear that the rear lounge seats, no longer lounge, which is a bit of a bummer as we did actually use those.  Anything else?

Thanks

1 hour ago, familyfun said:

Did some searching, and unless I missed it, did not see much/anything on what changed for 2023 on the 25LSV (maybe not much did).  We have a 2022 25LSV (M6), and am thinking of moving to the LT4.  When we ordered the 2022 we could not get premium gas on the lake, that changed recently so now we can.  I wanted the LT4 in the 2022, but the 87 octane available at the time made me too nervous.

Anyway, looking for any info on what may have changed in the 25LSV for 2023 (I don't like surprises).  I did hear that the rear lounge seats, no longer lounge, which is a bit of a bummer as we did actually use those.  Anything else?

Thanks

I hadn’t heard that about the lounge seats. If it’s true, that’s a real bummer. I assume you’re talking about these… 

A8BC669C-5156-49F4-BE6F-1EB95E430E7B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I hadn’t heard that about the lounge seats. If it’s true, that’s a real bummer. I assume you’re talking about these… 

More of Malibu decontenting their boats and raising prices. Just like the skinny towers and slick soft grip flooring. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, familyfun said:

Thanks

I think the only change is you can probably get the rudder position indicator. I ordered it on my 26 LSV so I assume it’s now available across the board. 

D0A4B0F0-880A-4C75-9BA2-9BCD67710A72.jpeg

6 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

More of Malibu decontenting their boats and raising prices. Just like the skinny towers and slick soft grip flooring. Just my opinion.

Let’s withhold judgement until we know this to be true. Seems off to me… 

12 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

The slick soft grip flooring I was told was due to supply chain issues and not being able to get the “scraped” style material. It sucks. Had a few people take some pretty hefty slip-spills this summer. Never has happened previously 

42 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yes.  While I have not actually seen a 2023 25LSV to confirm, the dealer told me the seat no longer slides out.

The Malibu website only lists the slide up backrests on 2023 models, so another data point showing it is true.   I agree they were a bit gimmicky, but I found them decently comfortable and despite limited use, they were one of the "hyped" features of the new 25 LSV and agree it is a bummer for new buyers to have them taken away.  

Is the "Natalie" seat also gone?  That is another feature that we actually use a ton with our kids that I think was a 1 and done option.   

4 hours ago, hethj7 said:

The Malibu website only lists the slide up backrests on 2023 models, so another data point showing it is true.   I agree they were a bit gimmicky, but I found them decently comfortable and despite limited use, they were one of the "hyped" features of the new 25 LSV and agree it is a bummer for new buyers to have them taken away.  

Is the "Natalie" seat also gone?  That is another feature that we actually use a ton with our kids that I think was a 1 and done option.   

Not sure about the “Natalie” seat (the official name is Premium 25 LSV Windblock Door, which is a mouthful!). Like you guys, we used that constantly!

I do know that this feature is NOT available on the 26 LSV (maybe that’s what you’re thinking), but that’s because Malibu wanted a walkthru bow on the 26. The idea was to allow somebody to walk from the platform to the bow without ever setting foot on any vinyl. 

Removing this from the 25 would be a pretty bad idea… it’s a $3,500 option that has a pretty high take rate. But who knows anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

One other difference I saw on my 2023 25LSV build sheet is a 250A alternator.  I have the stern turn on my 2022 (love it for docking a long tall boat in our narrow slip) and it came with a 170A alt.  The 2023 25LSV (also with stern turn) has 250A listed.  I don't know if that is due tot he stern turn or the LT4, but either way it is a nice change/upgrade.  I would have got that last year if it was available.

So far that and the seat are the only two things I know of.  I don't count new colors or anything like that.  I am looking to see what fundamental changes there might be in function or convivence.

12 minutes ago, familyfun said:

One other difference I saw on my 2023 25LSV build sheet is a 250A alternator.  I have the stern turn on my 2022 (love it for docking a long tall boat in our narrow slip) and it came with a 170A alt.  The 2023 25LSV (also with stern turn) has 250A listed.  I don't know if that is due tot he stern turn or the LT4, but either way it is a nice change/upgrade.  I would have got that last year if it was available.

So far that and the seat are the only two things I know of.  I don't count new colors or anything like that.  I am looking to see what fundamental changes there might be in function or convivence.

Yep, good catch. optional alternator used to be 170A, but now it's 250A (available across the lineup, not just in 25 LSV).  It's a $905 option (was $683 last year when it was 170A).  Any boat can opt for this, but it's required if you opt for stern turn.  I'm anxious to see if it improves the voltage depletion when stern turn is in use. As far as I'm concerned, ANY update to the electrical system on these boats is welcome news.  I really wish Malibu would rig the boats for three batteries, not just two.  And while they're at it... let's stop using whimpy Group 24 batteries.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yep, good catch. optional alternator used to be 170A, but now it's 250A (available across the lineup, not just in 25 LSV).  It's a $905 option (was $683 last year when it was 170A).  Any boat can opt for this, but it's required if you opt for stern turn.  I'm anxious to see if it improves the voltage depletion when stern turn is in use. As far as I'm concerned, ANY update to the electrical system on these boats is welcome news.  I really wish Malibu would rig the boats for three batteries, not just two.  And while they're at it... let's stop using whimpy Group 24 batteries.  

I was told that the new 250a alt would not fit on my 2022 23 LSV. My dealer could have been wrong, it may only be available on LT4 maybe? Any knowledge on this. 

Since we're getting into some pretty nitty gritty changes, here's a few more you may notice (not just on 25 LSV).  

From 2020 - 2022, when you changed the color of the Hull Graphics, the same color applied to both the big M A L I B U  logo in the middle of the hull and the smaller W A K E S E T T E R  logo on the rear of the hull.  This was a $417 option in 2022.  So the good news is... starting in 2023 you can now change these colors independently of one another.  Woot!  The bad news is... the price for this option has also been de-coupled.  It's $450 for the Malibu logo + $350 for the Wakesetter logo (even if you make them the same color).  I guess Malibu knows... if you gotta have it, you gotta have it! 

Also, Malibu is now (finally) offering black soft-grip flooring. You can see it clearly in the 2023 22 LSV brochure boat.  It's also on my 2023 build sheet (was on my 2022 also, but that's another story). 

22-LSV_Interior-2-pw.webp

30 minutes ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I was told that the new 250a alt would not fit on my 2022 23 LSV. My dealer could have been wrong, it may only be available on LT4 maybe? Any knowledge on this. 

Hmmmm… I am not aware that the 250a is for LT4 only, but I suppose it’s possible. I never asked about M6. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

While it would be nice if Malibu offered a three group 31 option, I think it is fairly easy to get it done.  I went ahead and had our dealer/local boat stereo shop put in 3 group 31 in our 2022 25LSV.  All three fit just fine in the battery compartment up front.

1 hour ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Maybe it is an issue of engine compartment size based on the size of the boat.  Maybe the 23LSV is too tight.  In my case it is for a 25LSV.  I obviously don't know what models it is available on so jut guessing if what the dealer told you was correct.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, familyfun said:

While it would be nice if Malibu offered a three group 31 option, I think it is fairly easy to get it done.  I went ahead and had our dealer/local boat stereo shop put in 3 group 31 in our 2022 25LSV.  All three fit just fine in the battery compartment up front.

You got pics you can share? I was able to fit 2 group 31’s in my 2022 25 LSV battery compartment, but I’d like to see how you managed three in there.

Oh, and the fact that you had to pay somebody to do this for you kinda makes my point… sure it can be done, but maybe not that easy. Besides, shouldn’t this be something Malibu provides?  And not because you want to run a big stereo, but because the newer boats are seriously voltage sensitive. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, IXFE said:

You got pics you can share? I was able to fit 2 group 31’s in my 2022 25 LSV battery compartment, but I’d like to see how you managed three in there.

Oh, and the fact that you had to pay somebody to do this for you kinda makes my point… sure it can be done, but maybe not that easy. Besides, shouldn’t this be something Malibu provides?  And not because you want to run a big stereo, but because the newer boats are seriously voltage sensitive. 

No boxes, that probably makes the difference.  Was somewhat concerned about that, but no issues after 100+ hours.

spacer.png

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, familyfun said:

No boxes, that probably makes the difference.  Was somewhat concerned about that, but no issues after 100+ hours.

spacer.png

Nice, thanks for the pic.  Looks like they probably removed the plastic floor that holds the boxes in place. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough height to fit those in there.  

On 12/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, dalt1 said:

I have seen it on 23 models at dealer. True it is.

Yea, I haven't looked too hard, but the few '23 25's that are on web site's do not show them slide out.  Not sure how much we would use these as adults.  I do agree it felt like a big selling feature and was a poor mans versions of the MC ones which are awesome.  However, I could see my kids using the foot rests as diving boards and snapping them off in two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Yea, I haven't looked too hard, but the few '23 25's that are on web site's do not show them slide out.  Not sure how much we would use these as adults.  I do agree it felt like a big selling feature and was a poor mans versions of the MC ones which are awesome.  However, I could see my kids using the foot rests as diving boards and snapping them off in two weeks.

I’ve had to tell mine several times that they aren’t diving boards!   

Unlike @IXFE, ours get used regularly. But, as you noted, they aren’t as nice or well executed as the MC offerings.