Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1993 Malibu Echelon

Extrwide

Hello, I’m new to the group and need a little help. I’ve just purchased a 1993 Malibu Echelon in great shape that is currently on a lift. The trailer has sat out in the weather for its entire life. There are no bunkers left to measure and was wondering if someone here could possibly give me some lengths of the four bunkers. I’m guessing they stick out past the brackets somewhat but how far ?  The rest of the trailer I have road worthy and can’t wait to get the old girl home!! TIA

Thanks Chuck

If you can't get an exact measurement, I would overhang the front and rear brackets about 3" and you'll be just fine.  On the smaller boats, not sure if the bunks are 2x4 or 2x6...or if the main are 2x6 and the smaller center ones are 2x4.  See which would best fit the brackets welded onto your trailer.  Again, the wood would slightly be wider than the bracket itself.  If you can measure between the chines on the transom of the Echelon while it's on the lift, that might give you a good reference point on the width, because the bunks typically ride right next to the chine at the transom.  A little wider would be better than too narrow...you don't want the boat's chines to sit on the bunks.  On my 247 ('08), you can see how the bunks run right along the chine.  See red bracket on the picture below - this is the measurement I would try and get to confirm you have the bunks positioned properly.  

image.thumb.png.0be1365a4b68397159e0988124c65735.png

Good luck!  Congrats on the new boat!