Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GMC vs Chevrolet 2500 Purchase

wedge88

I'm no CPA, but is your accountant aware of when you will actually pay for / take delivery of your truck? Seems like you need that to happen before 12/31 and that seems unlikely.

I have a 2022 HC 3500 Dmax. I think the HC front end is way better. I changed out the chrome badging for blacked out badges. Turned out nice. 

I would wait for the 2024s if I was you. 

3BF51EED-1D79-4CB6-B75B-68980F9E5BEB.jpeg

A2D16A55-9874-41AD-92A5-9A4489976975.jpeg

A5858728-91D8-42B3-A318-721BD6767439.jpeg

C7BC000C-01EE-4493-A13C-B9E8DFB62C17.jpeg

34FF3A79-2529-450B-B788-ABF2DCA4A9BC.jpeg

• Like 3
9 hours ago, dshack said:

I'm no CPA, but is your accountant aware of when you will actually pay for / take delivery of your truck? Seems like you need that to happen before 12/31 and that seems unlikely.

He is aware and while it won't help this year, we're banking on it for 2023.  I got burned this year with ordering new service trucks and still waiting on a few of them that may not arrive by year end.  They were supposed to be delivered in April 22.

14 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Are the orders open?  I am going to get in line for one when they open up.  They were not taking orders last week when I was at the dealership.    :)  

I stopped at GM dealer last night and they said they couldn't even price the '24.  They don't forsee these vehicles hitting the market until Q3 which is still better than what Ford has told me.  The '23 F250 Lariat they quoted is $5600 more than the '23 AT4 and the Platinum was closer to $10k.

If the GM trucks would ship before summer, I'd gladly wait but incentives on the '23 and probable price increases on the '24 might be enough to sway me for the smaller screens.

Another vote for GMC AT4 HD. The AT4 trim on the HD trucks look menacing and while the HC is by far the best looking Chevy, I don't personally believe it to look as good as the GMCs.

That 2024 Denali Ultimate vader chrome though... whole different ballgame. Plus I appreciate that the new interiors won't just be a an oversized tablet stuck in the middle of the console. These actually look like they belong and are well integrated.

GM took the interior design cues straight from the '21 Caddie Escalade, which was a home run move.  And I agree 100% on the screens; very well integrated and classy.  In contrast, the new Tundra's screen itself is great, but it feels like Toyota just glued a tablet to the dash.   

• Like 2

People always say wait and buy next years model. I say why? With that mantra you'll always be waiting. 

I have a 21, GMC, Denali, 3500, SRW, DMAX. All of them are nice so get what you want. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, UWSkier said:

In this case, it's a no-brainer for me to wait for the next year.  Interior, the part you see 95% of the time and actually use, is a generational improvement.  And for me, since I'll be buying a gasser, the 10 speed is worth waiting for instead of opting for the 6.  I tow in the mountains and hills a lot.  More gears is better.

What rear end do you get with the gas? Is it the 6.0?

58 minutes ago, malibu2004 said:

What rear end do you get with the gas? Is it the 6.0?

6.6L gas, same as they have now.  I'm sure you'll be able to order a few ratios, but I expect 3.73 to be standard.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, malibu2004 said:

People always say wait and buy next years model. I say why? With that mantra you'll always be waiting. 

I have a 21, GMC, Denali, 3500, SRW, DMAX. All of them are nice so get what you want. 

What do you mean why?  It's pretty obvious, the updated Duramax and interior are just two of the major updates. I would assume you wouldn't feel much of a difference in the engine update, but the interior is what would make me get 2024. 

I'm anxiously awaiting GM to announce December rebates.  I like the new interior but I'm not waiting if it costs me $10-15K+ more.  The way I see it is I can probably get $5k more for my current 3500HD now vs 6-9 months from now.  Factor in at least $5K more sticker on the 2024 and, most likely, remove any rebates that are offered for 2023s.  

2 hours ago, wedge88 said:

I'm anxiously awaiting GM to announce December rebates.  I like the new interior but I'm not waiting if it costs me $10-15K+ more.  The way I see it is I can probably get $5k more for my current 3500HD now vs 6-9 months from now.  Factor in at least $5K more sticker on the 2024 and, most likely, remove any rebates that are offered for 2023s.  

Agreed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 2:49 PM, wedge88 said:

What is your ETA?  Is your order in the GM bank or just with the dealer?  My contacts at GM (not dealers) are telling me I wouldn't see a 2024 until Sept/Oct.  Two dealers have told me that order banks won't be open till February for them to submit.  I like the interior but it will come at a higher price and most likely with more gremlins.  The Denali Ultimate is new but the AT4 looks to be very similar to the 2023 minus a new interior.  I'm also hoping that my timing is good and incentives really jump up for the 2023s once the order banks are open for the 2024s.

Dealer said they should be able to place my order for 2024 in January. 

Wont see any big rebates on any GM 2500 truck for quite some time in my opinion.  Im a Chevy and a GMC dealer. Dealers aren't asleep man its just been a sellers market especially on these things. .  Trust me I along with most dealers would rather sell twice as many for half as much profit. But if I'm gonna get half as many well, I don't want to fire people so i cant give away the stock I'm gonna get.    Just the times today.  Sucks if you ask me.    I am starting to see a few better prices on late model used ones but its relative to what a good price is.  I bought several 89000 msrp dollar trucks at auction all summer and paid around 95k as a dealer.  Not cause i wanted to but i had a demand.  I didn't get rich but i made some friends and they filled a hole and hopefully next time they come back.   Used year old 2500 aren't crashing. 3 year old ones with 125k.  Yup. Very tough.   I paid 81250 for a at4  with 10000 miles at auction Wednesday delivered it today for under msrp to a happy customer. Deal maybe not the greatest but demand is still there for them.  

AT4 all the way.  You wont regret it.  Not that i have had one for myself in 2 1/2 years.  Gotta sell them while its easy.    Time will come I'm staring at 10 of them in stock at 100k a piece  but that certainly wont be any time in the near future.  Demand for that new interior is insane.  Thru the new model.   

Edited by Carguy08
HollywoodBall

The bones are the same so it all comes down to aesthetics. I’m not a total brand snob but lean GM and the GMCs, especially the AT4s, are the best looking trucks, currently.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

To close out this thread from my end...I purchased a 23' GMC 2500HD AT4 Premium PKG.  I know naysayers will tell me I should have waited but I don't like the prices I'm seeing on the 24s nor know when I would have a truck.  Redesign is nice but it comes at a cost.  I got exactly $7k off sticker.  I've watched this vehicle sit since early December and decided to try my luck on a snow day when the dealership was dead.  It worked out in my favor or at least I feel it worked out since so many aren't coming off MSRP.  

IMG_0454.jpg

Congrats on the new truck!  Color me jelly!!

40 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

To close out this thread from my end...I purchased a 23' GMC 2500HD AT4 Premium PKG.  I know naysayers will tell me I should have waited but I don't like the prices I'm seeing on the 24s nor know when I would have a truck.  Redesign is nice but it comes at a cost.  I got exactly $7k off sticker.  I've watched this vehicle sit since early December and decided to try my luck on a snow day when the dealership was dead.  It worked out in my favor or at least I feel it worked out since so many aren't coming off MSRP.  

IMG_0454.jpg

Congrats!!  Nothing wrong with that choice at all.  

Now, what are you toing to do with it??  Keep her in stock, or play with it a little??

ahopkins22LSV

7k under msrp right now is a win all day every day. Beautiful truck! I did a similar thing with my Sierra 1500. I got a 2021 knowing the entire interior and truck is getting an update but didn’t want to pay the upcharge or continue to wait. 

And to be honest, having a vehicle that just got all this new tech doesn’t sound that appealing to me. The systems in your truck and mine have been out for awhile and should be stable. Sure it’s not the fanciest dash screen out there but that makes no difference to me. This is not a knock on ford, but my friends 2022 f150 platinum has been in the shop 5 times already. Most of it for software issues. My truck, more than anything is a tool to me. It needs to work. And now that I’m old, it needs to have heated backrests :lol: but other than that it doesn’t need to have a ton.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Congrats!!  Nothing wrong with that choice at all.  

Now, what are you toing to do with it??  Keep her in stock, or play with it a little??

No big changes at the moment.  This will be my daily work/personal truck so stock it shall stay.  Already bought the tonneau because it was 4-8 weeks to manufacture.  Picked up B&W gooseneck puck system, will tint the windows and get it ceramic coated.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wedge88 said:

IMG_0454.jpg

Looks good.  Their is nothing on the local GMC lots around here for HD trucks, they don't seem to have caught up yet.

Congrats! The at4 is a pretty decent looking truck. Have seen some with 35x12.5 on stocks that look pretty good if you wanted to keep the work truck look. 

Seems like with the GM dealers they either have lots of inventory or no inventory what so ever. I'm guessing something to do with ordering times or finances...