Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

v ride

sgent131

My kids and grandkids have outgrown our jet boat which was used for skiing and tubing. They want to wakeboad. Will the malibu 20' v ride wake keep the kiddies happy.

The Sarge

I just bought one last week. I will pick it up today, and I will let you know what I think on the water as far as pulling someone. I love the way it handles so far. The smaller bite from my wallet was nice too. I think the kiddies, would and should love it. I grew up behind Jet Boats, and I would never go back after this VRide. I may upgrage one day to the VLX or something, but Luv BU so far.

Crazy.gif

Welcome to the site! I cannot give you any advice on the V Ride since I have never ridden one. Everything I have heard is positive though. I can say however that I bought a 2002 Malibu 21LSV last year (LSV is a similar boat to the V-ride) and absolutely love it. Malibu makes an incredible boat.

This boat will pretty much keep the whole family happy. Ski, wakeboard, wakesurf, nude tuberiding... er did i just say that...

Seriously, it is a great boat! We bought ours last Jan 06 and have about 150hrs on the boat and no regrets! It is the same hull that was the world class Wakesetter hull until a few years back. So, not quite as big of wakes obviously, but it'll get the job done. Be sure to get the MLS center and rear ballasts as well as the wedge.

Puts out a great surf and wakeboarding wake! Plenty of power, room, and drives great too. Make sure you get the wedge (PW or FF) and all 3 bag/tank ballast system. Other then that everything else is personal choice as far as options go IMO.

Had a 06 since mid last year. Not one problem and love the boat. After much search and research it was the perfect fit for my family and wallet. Nice proven hull and plenty of wake for a family situation. Plus it does all the other water sports without any problem. Looking back, I would not do anything different.

Get one!

Might look at the VTX also. About the same size and not that much more $$$ either. Both are nice boats, with the VTX being a bit more plush.

A vdrive would be an excellent choice for an all around watersports boat. You might shop around a bit as some dealers have 06s they are trying to sell. I saw one the other day on boat trader that the dealer had used for a clinic. Had like 20 hours on it. The thing was well equipted and for under the price of an 07 with no options. Plus it was sold as a new boat w/ full warranty. Might be able to get a dealer to deliver as part of the deal.

Once you own/drive/ski an inboard, there is no going back. It is awesome!!!

Love my V-ride! Don't think you will be disappointed! Coming from a jet boat to a v-drive will be a huge step up in pretty much every aspect with the only exception possibly being high speed 360 degree power spins!

I love my V-Ride but I have to sell it right now as I am building a house. I have mine listed for sale on this site as well as www.onlyinboards.com. For the price I am asking you will not find another V-Ride that will compare. Lots of extra options and very low hours (26) PM me if you are interested.Thanks