Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 24MXZ winterization

I am winterizing my boat and it will be stored outside with worst winter temps tires around 27-32F.   I am new to the process.  I have already taken care of the engine.  I have two questions.

-

1) For Ballast system is there a single intake location for pumping antifreeze or what do people do for ballast system?

2) Bilge pumps any special steps that need to be taken for winterization.

thanks in advance for your help!

rj

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever get any responses.  

Take a look at this.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/malibu-production-us-east-1/docs/owner-manuals/2019 Malibu Owners Manual.pdf

and this for the Engine.

https://www.indmar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2018_Inboard_OM_CC_05-17-17.pdf

Also, I'm in a similar environment and we had the Dealer upon purchase install an Extreme Heater so we Charge (Tender) our batteries and do our best to keep the boat engine compartment warm.

Also realize that there were 3 Engines this year that Malibu put in boats.  The Malibu, Indmar and PCM they all have a little different flair so make sure you know which one is in your boat.

KT

Edited by Trout
ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

For ballast, I usually just run both fill and drain pumps until they are completely dry and have had no issues.  Same for the bilge pumps.  

Same here. I take out the plug n play bags but that is more to not have anything in the boat that could trap moisture. Any water left in the bags and or tanks will have plenty of space to expand.