Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Working off the rust

Headhunter 2317

What a beautiful day. Hot sun and some of the worst riding you have seen.

It's amazing how much of your skill errodes from one season to the next.

I was riding behind the boat working on surface 180's. We all know the worst result of a screw up doing those......FACEPLANT! Good thing I had extra contacts.

The way my eyelids peeled back, they had no chance.

It still feels good to be worn out and sore. Yahoo.gif

Faceplants are all well and good. How did your rims look???! Actually, can't wait for my first BF faceplant. . .isn't that sick? Water is warming. Whistling.gif

I'm very please with the rims. Makes the rig look a lot better. My original rims were pretty vanilla.

Faceplants are all well and good. How did your rims look???! Actually, can't wait for my first BF faceplant. . .isn't that sick? Water is warming.  Whistling.gif

Careful what you wish for, those face plants may come in bunches. BTW - the water is already in the mid 70's here Biggrin.gif

Faceplants are all well and good. How did your rims look???! Actually, can't wait for my first BF faceplant. . .isn't that sick? Water is warming.  Whistling.gif

Careful what you wish for, those face plants may come in bunches. BTW - the water is already in the mid 70's here Biggrin.gif

OH thanks, Edwin. My water was real comfortable today. Actually waited for my son to make his way back to the platform to "help" me into the boat. Seemed like bath water at nearly 60.

The water topped out at 74 yesterday. I wore the shorty suit early in

the morning, but it was really nice after lunch or so.

WAY better than the 53 degrees last month.

Just keep rubbing it in our lake temp if we are lucky is loooowww 50's!!

Cry.gif

I'm with ya JAF...this cold weather is horrible. Where in Chicago are you? It would be cool if you could make it to the Midwest WOW at Lake Wissota, WI.

It was nice to be able to jump in and just float around without convulsing from the cold water. Yahoo.gif

I take it you are a Road Warrior VLX?

Edited by Headhunter 2317

I got in 3 days of boarding this past few days, but it is back to rain again today and for the next week. The water temp has been 55 to 58F. A week ago it had been up to 60 to 61F, but then we had torrential rains which led to a snow run off (and lots of debris to dodge). I've been wearing my new Jet Pilot board shorts with a neo lining and a 1mm neo shirt. The air temp has been in the 70's, but cloudy.

I've decided I pretty much suck at boarding, but I still have lots of fun doing it. I"m good entertainment for the kids anyway. Every once in a while I do something right in hitting the wake and then really pop up. The only problem with that is that it always surprises me, so I immediately let go of the handle. Oh well.

I'm with ya JAF...this cold weather is horrible. Where in Chicago are you? It would be cool if you could make it to the Midwest WOW at Lake Wissota, WI.

We are in the South Suburbs, but we keep the boat in Southwest Michigan.

Thought about the Midwest WOW, but without a good cover to trailer the boat with I am pretty hesitant. Can't afford a Rankin cover right now. Still thinking about it?

Dontknow.gif

Water was GREAT this AM. Right until the point where it came over the waders and made you gasp for air. The dock gang I worked with this morning thinks the cold water doesn't touch me. I'm an immune lunatic. They don't understand about the drysuit used for skiing. ;)