Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JD Power

NHbufan

It was at this point last year that I made a lot of CC and CM owners very upset. Let me try to improve that this year.

CC/MC/Bu all build great boats that are going to provide a lifetime of enjoyment when taken care of...

If Malibu is so average why do they sell more units than the others, rated higher then Bu? Could it be that people vote on eway with their wallets than report another way on the survey, or just plain don't get the survey or dont' turn the survey in?

The CC Rep at the Denver boat show was very quick and proud to tell the party I was with about the survey and how well CC ranked( I was wearing my Malibu jacket ) and was quick to tell me how well the CC didin comparision to the Bu. He was talking about the wkae boats at that point in time and then asked me what Bu I owned and then told me how much better the 206 and 196 skied compared to my RLXi. " I ski at 28 off 34-36mph and there is no wake behind either of those boats". Was what he said to me, he never asked where I skied and I never told him. He then proceeded to tell us that "his project this year was to put 100hr on a wakesetter before chopping it up" He said that they got some styling things for the wakesetter and that was it. Whatever....

I think what also should taken into consideration is the buyers of Malibu. The BU's are an extremely sharp looking boat, so they attract by sight alone. Then when you get inside one or demo one you see why so many are purchased every year. Malibu seems to gear towards the comfort side more than CC or MC, which plays heavily on families with money or people who just want to have a comfortable boat. If I didn't have a family and were only going to be Wakeboarding then I might have bought the CC, but the Malibu fits me and family much, MUCH better. I think this reason alone is why Malibu sells more boats, I like that my BU is filled with carpet inside. It makes me feel more comfortable, keep the fiberglass on the outside not inside. I don't want to see white glossy fiberglass all over my interior, like MC and CC. It reminds me of a Four Winns or something like that. Just my 2 pennies.

Anyone notice that CC only got 3 stars (or whatever they are) for watersports and that Malibu was the only one that got 5 stars for the same category. Isn't the reason why we bought our ski/wakeboats was for watersports?

So much for all the MC talk about being the best.

Something changed from the first time I pulled up the ratings... These are much more like I expected. The first time, 'Bu was 3 stars across the categories, with CC & MC at 5 and 4/5 stars in each... I like these ranking better. I think that's what Lakenut saw too.

A) Not sure where the 5 stars vs 3 stars on Quality and Reliability comes from. My bu has been pretty darn reliable and is of the highest quality. I wouldn't put CC 2 stars ahead.

B) The ratings look like a dead heat to me anyway. 3 x 5 stars, 1 x 4 stars, 1 x 3 stars for both companies.

C) I don't remember ever seeing a JD Power ratings card either.

Uh oh, doesn't bode well for my next boat... a distant 3rd! Of course, if I relied on these ratings (in prior years), I would have never bought a Malibu either.

I got my survey last year and filled it out. It took about 15 minutes to do and I gave my 247 mostly 5's and some 4's.

Now, if I hadn't read the survey questions 1 by 1, I could have just put a line down the 5 row and been done. I suspect this is what most CC and MC owners did, since I heard they can't even read..... Tongue.gif

I wonder what happened with the ratings too. Good job for Malibu, I consider second actually quite a complement, because they build about 2x-3x as many boats as CC. I would be curious to know what brand turns in the most surveys...

Malibu only lost to CC by 1 point out of 1000 (903 to 902), making it pretty much a virtual tie. As someone stated earlier, with Malibu making many more boats than CC, it is a very good showing.

This comes up every year and I frankly don't know why anyone puts any stock in the results regardless of how positive or negative they are.

I'd like to know what JD Powers business model is. Where is their revenue coming from? I'm assuming CC, MC, Malibu, etc... pay them to rate themselves. But if that is the case then why would a company like Skiers Choice pay a dime when they're getting screwed in categories like "engine", which should technically have exactly the same rating as MC and Malibu.

Yes, I know that it's an owners survey, but that backs up my point that this isn't "hard" data. Just some guys opinion that may or may not have just drawn a line down the survey for all 5's, or been pissed at their dealer that day, or...

Mike

It is silly to put so much stock in it.

Really though, anyone can look at the silly seat configuration and the chincy bars that hold up the rear facing seats - how could that possibly get a 'quality' rating?

The other thing I find interesting, since the vote count is so close, is that Malibu got a 5 in watersports, while CC got a 3 Crazy.gif

post-28-1171582264_thumb.png

Edited by stewart

I also got the survey and I think I gave my bu 5s with maybe "1" or 2 "4s". There was a dollar in the envelope as incentive. Yeah, I bought an ice cream cone act Mc'ds as my reward. :)

I got my survey last year and filled it out. It took about 15 minutes to do and I gave my 247 mostly 5's and some 4's.

Now, if I hadn't read the survey questions 1 by 1, I could have just put a line down the 5 row and been done. I suspect this is what most CC and MC owners did, since I heard they can't even read..... Tongue.gif

SUPER INTELLIGENT RESPONSE!! Shocking.gif

Something changed from the first time I pulled up the ratings... These are much more like I expected. The first time, 'Bu was 3 stars across the categories, with CC & MC at 5 and 4/5 stars in each... I like these ranking better. I think that's what Lakenut saw too.
Yeah, pretty strange. This morning Malibu was all 3's, and CC was all 5's.

Maybe JD Powers' associates stopped in here and realized they hadn't taken our opinions into account? I saw 3's across the board as well when I first looked at it and thought it was laughable.