Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Wax for new Rlxi

Sixball

What is the best wax for my new Rlxi. Need to be set for ice out new boat will be home soon.

Use Babe's Boat Bright every time you pull it out of the water. Very easy- spray on wipe off. You will have no water spots, and a super smooth shine on your gelcoat. All of Babe's products are great.

www.babesboats.com

What is the best wax for my new Rlxi. Need to be set for ice out new boat will be home soon.
I'm a big fan of RejeX. Great shine, but it also allows water spots to go away with just a quick wipe with a dry towel.

Rejex.jpg

I use 3M Marine paste when applying by hand or Meguiar's Pure Wax liquid when applying by machine. You'll likely get lots of opinions on this. Important thing is wipe it down after each use with microfiber towels. Use a Wax-as-u-dry type product if you wish, or a spray and wipe product when it's dry. When it becomes more difficult to wipe the boat down, you'll know it's time to prep the surface and re-wax.

Use Babe's Boat Bright every time you pull it out of the water. Very easy- spray on wipe off. You will have no water spots, and a super smooth shine on your gelcoat. All of Babe's products are great.

www.babesboats.com

Same here. Babe's is great stuff.

I'm a big fan of RejeX. Great shine, but it also allows water spots to go away with just a quick wipe with a dry towel.

Rejex.jpg

I'll second RejeX. Thumbup.gif If you keep your boat in the water for any length of time, you notice any algae built up will wipe right off and water stains take a lot longer to set in.

I have gotten some of Zymol's Marine specific wax. Several on this board have used it and love it. Have heard great things about Babes and McGuiars as well. I have always been a Zymol fan and so far, really like it. Easy on, Easy off. Supposed to outlast a few of the others. Dontknow.gif

Are any of those OK for Wakesetters?
  • 7 months later...

hey you guys say to use a spray on wax after you take boat off the lake what about the old vineger and water for water spots it seems to work for me and then I wax it about twice a year with meguiers