Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What color cover to get?

thealy

I am going to purchase a Rankin cover for my 2005 RLXI but am wondering what the best color option would be for me. I think I would probably like the "Taupe" to match the tan line on the boat but am certainly looking for suggestions keeping in mind things like fade, durability, looks, ease to keep clean, heat etc.

I think I remember a posting similar to this a year ago but I can't find it plus I am really looking for suggestions related to my boat's color scheme.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

post-1223-1171486297_thumb.jpg

I am going to purchase a Rankin cover for my 2005 RLXI but am wondering what the best color option would be for me. I think I would probably like the "Taupe" to match the tan line on the boat but am certainly looking for suggestions keeping in mind things like fade, durability, looks, ease to keep clean, heat etc.

I think I remember a posting similar to this a year ago but I can't find it plus I am really looking for suggestions related to my boat's color scheme.

Either taupe or black would look good. I'd probably do the taupe.

Black so long as it will not be exposed to higher temps outside for any period of time.

It will really only be used when towing and on weekends away from the lake we live on. I have another cover for when it is in storage or on the lift.

I am torn between black and tan.

Edited by thealy

Either taupe or black would look good. I'd probably do the taupe.

Ummm, I hate to point this out, but real men don't use, or even know the meaning of, the word "taupe"

Ummm, I hate to point this out, but real men don't use, or even know the meaning of, the word "taupe"

Ay yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that color. For what it is worth, I did have to look up how to spell it, so that has to count for something.

I think you'd regret not going black. That TAN color would show dirt easliy. Black matches everything, plus the TAN color probably wouldn't be as good of a match as you'd like it to be.

I think you'd regret not going black. That TAN color would show dirt easliy. Black matches everything, plus the TAN color probably wouldn't be as good of a match as you'd like it to be.

I disagree, black would look dingy with a good layer of dust on it, the tan is kind of the color of dust, so it won't show much - that's how it works on cars anyway. My old cover is light in color & never looked dirty, but the dark color of my new cover looks better, as does black.

I agree with 06 vlx. The tan might not match your boat the way you'd like. You can't go wrong with the black it compliments everything and hey it's very thinning..... :lol: