Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ETA Breaker amperage

Hello,

I have a 1990 Malibu Euro F3 and want to replace the breakers on the dash as they are the original and are worn / stick.  I pulled the panel and the breakers just have the model number but not what amp they are.  Does anyone know or know of a wiring diagram?  I have searched all over the internet and haven't found anything.

Thanks

Thanks I will look again but I think the numbers are worn off.

They all still work but most of them will stick in when you push them and need to loosen the nut or tap it to get the button to pop back out.

If the breaker is popping out, then you may have an issue with the component the breaker is protecting. A popped out breaker typically means the breaker performed its designated duty, and the component has draw too much current, and tripped the breaker. When resetting s tripped breaker, they are supposed to latch when pushed in. 

My 1992 Euro Sunsetter most likely has the same breakers.  Hopefully your not using them as a switch, that is not the intent. they are for circuit protection.

I doubt you will find new replacement for your 30+ year old boat. 

Try removing the breakers ( disconnect the battery first) and clean up around the breaker, maybe use a vinyl cleaner .

As for the breaker themselves, if they still latch then they should be OK.

If they don't you have nothing to loose by using  a quick spray of electrical contact cleaner.

Let us know how it turns out.

Edited by Rack
none

No, I am not using them as a switch. One appears to be bad and the rest are just worn and I would like to refresh them. 

ETA breakers are easy to order online but the issue is knowing the amperage.