Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who uses what??

DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

Ok, we are going to buy a new tube this spring. We currently have HO dragon ( 2 person). My kids and Mom want us to buy a 3-4 person sit in tube. I've ridden in a 3 person and it seemed to me tht we didn't get

" whipped" or catch as much air as our lay on the tummy tube. What kind of tubes do you all run with and what brands do you feel hold up the best? We are on our 2nd tube in 5 years. We take really good care of our tube but, they just keep ripping at the handles. I just want to get a good tube that everyone can enjoy both for casual tubing and then our extreme tubing Yahoo.gif

We've got a 7 year old and entertain that age kids and younger, so we need a tube that is pretty safe and not tipping over, etc... We have a "Bonzai" from SportStuff that is her and her friend's favorite tube. I'm not sure if they still call it that, but it looks like a big "taco" and I've seen other companies have a similar style of tube. (I looked on Sprotstuff and they call them "Half-Pipes" of which we have the "Rampage" version)

Anyway, that is a good tube that we've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of, and would recommend. Note: It also doubles as a lounge chair that I have taken more than one nap on at the sand bar.... (I'm sure the Mable's are good for that too)

For my wife, who likes to get "whipped" Crazy.gif around and "fly" a little more than the kids, we've got a DBX-"Menace". It is a fun tube if you've got older kids or want to legally abuse your spouse.

FYI, Mook

Edited by mook222

I'll second the Mable line mentioned above, but since you're looking for new suggestions too...

A friend of ours had a "Chariot". I forget who makes it but it really looks like a chariot. Flat bottom and an area up from that slopes down the sides.

The one they has was for two people, but I think I've seen them for 3 as well. It whips around pretty good, but the front chariot part gives you enough support to lean and hold on without flipping (once you get the feel of it). It was really fun.

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

Banned for good reasons.

Here's a Video of us the First time out on it...the wipeout at the end is my cousin. He cracked a few ribs to say the least...

Kite Tube Video

I can also second the Sportstuff brand tubes. They are good quality adn come in various shapes and sizes. Any of which should suit your needs.

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

You've never been to Oregon and ridden on the Willamette?? That tube is not a good option on this river we've got dead heads galore!! :( Besides, I really do like my kids and mother!!!! :lol:

We get whatever Costco is selling Biggrin.gif We have had two of their tubes and have broke both of them (dad towing someone at 45 and the tube shredded Crazy.gif and a friend broke the other one) all we did was take them back to the store and walk out with a new one, no questions asked:)

I too am interested in what people have too say as I am in the market for a new tube.

We go through lots of tubes, about one or 2 every year. We usually rip the handles out of them. The last one, the outer jacket shredded right in half. Usually good brands too – O’brien or Sports stuff.

I’ve had 2 major complaints from our tubers:

1) the hole in the center of the tube is too big and it hurts your back as you bounce around

2) the material chafes your hands, legs…etc at you rub over it. That was really really bad with the O’brien tubes.

Last year we picked up a sports stuff “frequent flyer”. http://www.sportsstuff.com/towables/decks/...er/index.shtml# The thing is huge. 76” in diameter! It seemed to solve both problems listed above, and was a very fun tube to ride, or chill on. However it scares the heck out of me as a driver. Because it is so wide, it is very stable. It is almost impossible to get the thing to flip. I take a lot of 12-18+ year olds out on the tube, and they are pretty good tubers. It is pretty tough to nock them off the tube, which they want. Usually it just takes lots of speed and hard corners. They fly off the side of the tube and skid across the water for a bit, kinda like when bare footing. But I feel the speeds are really too fast to be safe. Someone is going to get injured sooner or later. A lot more dangerous than a "standard" tube. We were just fortunate no one got hurt last summer. I am looking for 2 smaller (1 or 2 person), tubes that will tip over more easily this year. That presents more of a challenge to the rider since they need to balance on it instead of death-grip it. I am interested in what people recommend too.

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

You've never been to Oregon and ridden on the Willamette?? That tube is not a good option on this river we've got dead heads galore!! :( Besides, I really do like my kids and mother!!!! :lol:

They actually developed the Kite Tube right here on the Willamette.

The Big Mable is a lot of fun, but you don't sit down in the tube, but rather recline.

A really good tube that is very stable and fun, especially for younger ones is the Seadoo triple. It is the tube they are currently selling at Costco for this season. Check it out.

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

They actually developed the Kite Tube right here on the Willamette.

The Big Mable is a lot of fun, but you don't sit down in the tube, but rather recline.

A really good tube that is very stable and fun, especially for younger ones is the Seadoo triple. It is the tube they are currently selling at Costco for this season. Check it out.

They DID??? (developed it on the willamette?) CRAZY people Crazy.gifCrazy.gif They must be related to jetskipro( I couldn't help myself sorry LOL) I've seen it flying around out here in Newberg and it makes me just cringe. Especially, when there are young ones on it!! I'll be checking out costco. I also, found one that I liked in Overtons. We'll see!! Thanks everyone for the the helpful input.

Edited by DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

We've had the Seadoo triple for the past 3 summers and the kids and adults have had a ball on it. It finally starting to rip at the seems, so we are in the market also. If I can find the same one at Costco, I'll pick it up.

Every tube I have had has degraded and fell apart from a lack of use. Last one we had lasted over 20 years Crazy.gif

The best tube to buy is one that your friend's boat will pull. :lol:

Check out the Bermuda Triangle from HO. Three people ride each facing a different direction with the outside corners being the most fun when slingshotted across the wake. Front person is pretty safe. I get a tow rope from Wal Mart. It is eight feet across, so it's pretty big! Nobody bangs into the other person.

Edited by Malibuman

If you have to use a tube... just be sure to get an electric pump so you can fill it when you want to use it.

I die laughing every time I see a boat headed to the lake with an inflated tube strapped to it, or better yet... headed home from the lake.

Even used to be a guy down the street from me, that used to store his inflated tube in his garage... :lol:

If you have to use a tube... just be sure to get an electric pump so you can fill it when you want to use it.

I die laughing every time I see a boat headed to the lake with an inflated tube strapped to it, or better yet... headed home from the lake.

Even used to be a guy down the street from me, that used to store his inflated tube in his garage... :lol:

Nah. Just store 'em inflated. Lot less trouble than inflate/deflate. As to electric pumps...use a vacuum cleaner. It's does more volume.

64891765.jpg

Nah. Just store 'em inflated. Lot less trouble than inflate/deflate. As to electric pumps...use a vacuum cleaner. It's does more volume.

64891765.jpg

Felony possession of tubes. :lol:

The tell me I don't need a zoning permit yet, though.

SportsStuff bribed me with a few replacement tubes in exchange for giving them back my Kite Tube... :(

The tell me I don't need a zoning permit yet, though.

SportsStuff bribed me with a few replacement tubes in exchange for giving them back my Kite Tube... :(

We had to just send in the Warning labels and cut out the air intakes on our Kite Tube that was recalled. WE still have the tube, but it will require repair to get it fixed. Overton's gave us our money back too. We did not want to exchange for 3-4 other tubes...