Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 VLX Power Button pushed while running and now the boat won't start

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this? We were surfing and I was turning around to pick up a surfer when my 3 year old hit the power button and shut down the entire boat. He has done this a couple of times in the past and I was able to power back up and start the boat no problem. But this time I powered back up and went to start the boat, it started and ran for about 3-5 seconds and then stopped running. I tried to start it again and it almost started but it didn't. I had someone two me back to the dock and I let the boat site for two hours with the battery in the off position hoping it was just somehow flooded and I went to start it and it almost fired but still wouldn't start. It is turning over fine and the fuel rail has fuel where I checked it at the pressure gauge port, it looks like it has spark because it tried to start, now it just turns over and won't fire. All fuses are good not sure what else to check, it has the 350 Indmar Monsoon Motor and the boat has 408 hours. I have had the boat for 2 years and it has never done this. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Thanks all!