Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast pump not working

scooter44

2008 Wakesetter. One of the internal ballast pumps Won’t come on all of a sudden. I noticed this I’m going to drain while out on the water. I think it filled but I’m not 100% sure. So I may have one full rear ballast that won’t drain. All others work fine. . Light switch on Dash does not light up I don’t hear the pump turning on. Not even sure where the pump is. Newer boat for me. Any insight if one ballast pump is not switching on?

The rear ballast drain pump is attached to the very rear end of the tank below the flooring.  There is a large Medallion power module under the dash with fuses for the helm switch controls.  Remove the black plastic cover on the power module to access the fuses and find the fuse using the circuit location label.

To get to the drain ballast pump you will have to cut an access panel in the floor.  There have been a few write ups from members discussing how they accessed the pumps.   

Link to a previous discussion where I shared some pics of what I had to do in my 2007 VLX to access the drain pumps.  I wound up cutting the end of the panel to make it easier to access in the future.  You can't even tell it has been cut once the piece is put back in place and screwed down.

Britt

On 9/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, blk93jeepzj said:

To get to the drain ballast pump you will have to cut an access panel in the floor.  There have been a few write ups from members discussing how they accessed the pumps.   

You can pull the whole  starboard floor panel out to get to it without cutting. 

1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

You can pull the whole  starboard floor panel out to get to it without cutting. 

By 2008 they had made that change?  
2005 they went to under floor ballast for the rears, wasn’t sure when they incorporated easier access.