Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX in the 7' garage..

Well, I moved my 06 VLX Thursday to my house in Vegas with it's 7' garage. It was interesting seeing how I have four Alpha II's on the Titan III tower. Actually not as bad as I thought, I removed the front hoop. Then unbolted the rear hoop and shifted it to the side, laid down the speakers on the seat and put pads on the side of the hull were the rear hoop rested. Backed it in put the rear hoop back on a placed the rear hoop on the pylon while it was extended up. Took about 10mins.... Clap.gif

I will be modifying my garage next year for sure though, I need 4 more inches to clear the 7' garage.

If your only 4 inches away, you got to find a way to squeeze it in so I know I can buy tower speakers and still get my VLX in. If you remember my earlier posts on this subject, I remove my tow pylon and open the center hatch to allow me to drop the rear hoop about 4 inches lower than on the tow pylon. If you mounted your speakers on the front bar would that allow them to not hold up the rear bar. Do you think that would be possible? What would it look like on the boat? I only want 1 pair of speakers.

I am just under 84". You might run into problems mounting speakers to the front bar, because of how round it is. You would also have to have a quick disconnect for the front hoop. I am on the Extreme trailer without the low profile tires. I don't have any good ideas at this point, I really don't.