Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rankin Covers group buy, Round 2!

TRBenj

I am ordering a new LSV, should I can the factory option cover, and get one of these? Are the 2007 Malibu covers any better? Poles? etc..? THanks!

Depends on what you want out of a cover. To just cover the boat, factory will do but you need to set the poles and it doesn't stay as tight as the fitted covers. To tow the boat, get a towing cover. They fit better, don't require poles and won't mar the boat finish if they fit well. Malibu does offer a "towing" cover. Some on here have had good luck with them too.

Well the Factory cover is about 500. I can't see ordering that one and then getting another, so I should make a decision before they deliver the boat If the Rankin is better and eliminates the poles, and tow's better, than I would much rather have that. Can anyone state their recommendation?

Does anyone have the measurements for a cover for a Titan III tower on a LSV 23? I just ordered, but Rankin could really use the measurements, I am trying to get the dealer to measure their demo boat, so I don't have to drive over there, and mine won't be in till end of Apr.

Just to let everyone know, Ive submitted another round of orders to Rankin. Im still accepting orders, but this buy wont last forever- better decide soon if you are on the fence!

Thanks to everyone for their interest!

I need one for my 23 LSV with X tower, email sent...

Can you get it extended for the platform? Is this possible?

Due to the way the Rankin secures, its not possible for the cover itself to go over the platform. Its possible they could come up with a custom solution for you, it may be worth a call into them: (425) 483-9266

Another option is to have them include enough extra fabric in the order to allow you to have a custom platform cover made locally.

Yet another order submitted to Rankin. No official word on an end date yet, but I dont expect this deal to last much longer. Those of you with outstanding order forms and those still on the fence better get on board soon!

Yet another order submitted to Rankin. No official word on an end date yet, but I dont expect this deal to last much longer. Those of you with outstanding order forms and those still on the fence better get on board soon!

I want one, how do i get it ordered?

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Rankin and they have decided to end the group buy at the end of this month (April). All order forms must be returned to me by that point to be included.

If you still need an order form, please send me an email: [email protected]

Thanks to everyone for their interest!

Thank you Tim for arranging this group buy.

I bought a cadet grey Rankin cover through the second group buy and received the cover about a week after the order went in. The cover looks good and Rankin provided a nice carry bag for the cover.

John

What are people with VLX's running. The 21' cover for $600 or the 22 and larger cover for $625, i know we are currently listed as 21.5 or .6 ft.

I see some with writing, like malibu boats or whatever, is that part of this group buy or not?

Thanks for the answers, didn't think i was looking for a new cover till joining this site and finding a cover that fixes all my current problems.

Matt.

Another group of orders have been submitted. We're getting very close to the end- Monday 4/30 will be the last day to get order forms back to me. There is still time to get in- but the window of opportunity is closing quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

The last group of orders have been submitted to Rankin.

The group buy is officially closed. Thanks to everyone who participated, hopefully you enjoy your new covers!