Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV surf wave regular side setup

lamgar

had a 2010 23lsv and had it dialed. the wave was nuts - so much push.

now new boat this year and can't get it figured out with just two people in the boat. 6.2 motor.

best setup seems to be all ballast at 100% except the starboard side rear locker at 75%, speed @ 11mph and wedge @ 5. tried the wedge at 6 it wont get to 11mph. bow runs high. wave is good for my wife but I am at least 60 lbs heavier than her.

2021 boat has stock 750 PnP bags in the rear lockers. it just doesn't compare to the 2010 wave.

any good setups? 

even tried adding 300 lbs of lead weight bags on port side  storage.  

2 hours ago, lamgar said:

had a 2010 23lsv and had it dialed. the wave was nuts - so much push.

now new boat this year and can't get it figured out with just two people in the boat. 6.2 motor.

best setup seems to be all ballast at 100% except the starboard side rear locker at 75%, speed @ 11mph and wedge @ 5. tried the wedge at 6 it wont get to 11mph. bow runs high. wave is good for my wife but I am at least 60 lbs heavier than her.

2021 boat has stock 750 PnP bags in the rear lockers. it just doesn't compare to the 2010 wave.

any good setups? 

even tried adding 300 lbs of lead weight bags on port side  storage.  

it has 750 lbs each on top of the hard tanks?  isn't that like a lot for a 23 lsv?  i don't have a Malibu, but thought they had larger hard tanks than Axis so the PnP rear bags were more like 480's on each side.  Between big bags and a Wedge at 5/6, you may be way stern heavy (hence pointing to the sky and prop isn't pushing you forward to make speed and wave won't form as firm either).  So like @shawndoggy says, bow weight and/or lower wedge would seem to be the remedy.   I'd also confirm basics like ballast tanks are filling fully and not leaking/draining underway.

Granted mine is a 2019, but I wouldn’t want to run anymore rear weight than the 570s I currently have in the lockers. Without the extra front weight I get significant bow rise. Workable, but kind of a pain visibility wise.  The extra bow weight really drops the bow, allows me run max pnp and max wedge if I want. It also drops the rpm’s and lengthens the wave. The only down side for most will be that I am back to the old school pump over the side. The max sumo pump fills the 850 way faster than the stock rear pumps fill the rear tanks and pnp so no loss of time really.

I had a 2021 23 LSV, and agree with the others that your setup has too much weight in the rear. That boat will only take ~400 PNPs before it starts needing extra bow weight to compensate. Especially with more than 3-4 on the wedge.

Try 75% on the port side and play around with only 25-50% on the starboard side. 

Adding 200 lbs or so in the port side helps offset the prop torque that favors the starboard riders. I used to put 150 lbs on the port side under the observers seat, and then stashed another 50-100 lbs as far forward as I could get it in the battery compartment. If only 50 fits there, put the rest at the bow end of the observers compartment.

• Like 2

Do you have a bow bag?  That was a game changer for me in my T220.  

Trying filling everything up and surfing with no wedge.  From there try 1 and 2 and so on in order.  On my boat (6.2L), 5 and 6 are far less wave than 2 and 3.  

Varying speeds to dial in the wave is worth trying too.  10.5 gets me push, close, steep wave.  11.5 is a long wave but you have to know how to use it.