Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

best 2022 25LSV WAKEBOARD setup

Gene3x

So I have just now been able to ride my new 22 25LSV and pretty much only wakeboard personally.  I got the LT4 so that I could keep adding weight like the old school setups and it would just keep growing but It washes and I cannot get the wakeboard wake dialed without wash at the top or going 24+ mph.  All ballast full 350 lbs of lead for balance and 4 riders should not be to much but I have to dump weight to get it clean.  Plenty of power obviously but I want a bigger wake.  Suggestions? I may have to go back to the 24MXZ or an M235  ugh...

Dang bro!  That’s sucks. I’d love to come out with you and give it a shot but you might need to go M235 or G. 😜 These boats just don’t seem to be made for big wakeboard wakes anymore. 

Edited by eubanks

I’ll check my settings  for ballast, but I know i run at 21.5mph, I have 500lbs of lead and have had anywhere from 6-8 in the boat when I’m riding .

the preset has the wedge at 2 but I dropped it down to 1 after airmailing my landing into the flats unintentionally.

personally I think the wake is massive and feels like I’m jumping a surfgate wave.

insert my Murtough I’m getting too old for this

57 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I’ll check my settings  for ballast, but I know i run at 21.5mph, I have 500lbs of lead and have had anywhere from 6-8 in the boat when I’m riding .

the preset has the wedge at 2 but I dropped it down to 1 after airmailing my landing into the flats unintentionally.

personally I think the wake is massive and feels like I’m jumping a surfgate wave.

insert my Murtough I’m getting too old for this

How short is your rope?

I wonder if you're dealer/Malibu would go to bat here and put you in touch with Gunther Oka.  He's been in that boat a ton for the Just Ride tour and would know how to best set it up.

4 hours ago, onwi said:

I wonder if you're dealer/Malibu would go to bat here and put you in touch with Gunther Oka.  He's been in that boat a ton for the Just Ride tour and would know how to best set it up.

i know Gunther has a youtube video he made about weighting his A24 for wakeboarding...totally surprised me that he leaves the bow tank empty.  don't recall why.  not sure if that'll translate to the 25LSV, but its worth a quick watch.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, onwi said:

I am absolutely going to ask.  Thank you for the suggestion!  I did talk to Jeff Langley briefly about my 24MXZ maybe I will call him back.

Spoken w/ Jeff and he said that he doesn't even fill his front tank.   He said that it like weight in the back which is the opposite of the old LSV's IMO.  I am heading out tomorrow to try and test this advise out on my boat. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Great news!  Happy to hear this. 

It is nice to have the engine at full power and be able to actually have fun behind it.  It was purchased last year and this is the first actual good outing I have had wakeboarding behind it.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Gene3x said:

It actually frickin worked.  It is still finicky but it did clean it up a bit to not fill the front tank.  I put like 30% in the front tank because the boat was popping a wheelie so much but it was big and clean enough to make it nice and poppy.  It was very hard to keep clean on both sides and moving a 50 lb lead weight side to side for balancing was necessary but it worked.  I have more experimenting to do because I was just happy to ride a wake I enjoyed that I did not play with it.   I did take a bad fall on a front side 540 because it was washing out side to side and caught the lip many times, mainly on spins.  But my inverts were huge and floaty which is what all us old school wakeboard guys get stoked about!  Finally!:rockon:

the physics of why hasn't clicked with me yet, but when i saw the Guenther video it certainly seemed to be working.  Watching Malibu promo videos the bow seems super high in those shots so can't be a surprise to the factory, not sure why it isn't more well known / included as a wakeboard pre-set or something...either way, glad you are finally enjoying your fancy toy