Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a Wakesurf Board Recommendation.

Zippymbr

I’m a 5‘9“ 180 pound intermediate rider who has a hyper light hi-fi and a Lib tech Arin that are undersized for me.  my daughter is awesome on both of those boards but I’m too big for them . I’m looking for a hybrid maybe something like a hyper light shim?

WakeandLake

Might be a bit more surf style than you’re up for, but I’m roughly the same size and ride the Connelly Jet and absolutely love it even though I used to ride strictly skim styles . Super fast but breaks free enough to still feel loose. Reasonably priced too, so maybe something to consider working into your rotation.

49 minutes ago, WakeandLake said:

Might be a bit more surf style than you’re up for, but I’m roughly the same size and ride the Connelly Jet and absolutely love it even though I used to ride strictly skim styles . Super fast but breaks free enough to still feel loose. Reasonably priced too, so maybe something to consider working into your rotation.

Thanks, I love surf style and can almost get a 360 with the skim.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode the hyperlite varial, h/l storm, and transistor  this weekend with their rep and was super impressed with all 3 boards. All were fast, the transistor was super loose and playfuln storm felt great and the varial was a quick lil surf style board. It was funny because I was dead set that my next board would be a phase 5 but I ended up loving the transistor enough that I plan to purchase one. My riding my liquid force swami feel like I had a ci derblock dragging behind me after the speed of those carbon boards.