Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ri265 vs 26LSV

The Hulk

In my experience, the Centurions are amazing boats for surfing  Some of the best waves out there and most customizable out of any of the manufacturers that I have been on.  It was always fun when I had my Axis and we would get the invite to go surf my buddies Centurion FX44. The wave was just a little bigger and firmer than my 2014 Axis  My buddy eventually swapped out and got an RI 237 and RI257. Both were also very great surf waves. The 2017 RI257 was the newest model that I had been on but they were definitely ahead of everyone else in surf waves.  IMO, I think that our new 23 LSV has as good of wave as any of the Centurions that I have been on. So much drive and push and much more firm than they used to be.  LSV still has the traditional bow that I prefer and I also prefer the fit and finish of Malibu more than the Centurion.  I am not sure of the new stereo in the RI265, but I was not a huge fan of down fire system on the earlier ones.  It sounded good but it was extremely loud blasting down in the cabin as opposed to horn style tower speakers sending sound outside of the boat. I prefer the Wetsounds with Rev's on tower or the JL's in Nautique over the Roswell stuff.  I am sure the Ramfill has gotten better.  When working, the Ramfill ballast system would work great and fill very fast, but I had been on RI's multiple times were the actuators would stick and not drain or stay full depending on where the actuators were stuck.  The new Malibu LSV ballast fills very fast compared to earlier years, but they have always drained and filled for me with no issue. A few minutes to fill ballast Is not that big of a deal to me as I am not in that big of a hurry.   All in all, they are both going to be great options and would love to be on either one of them.  I think that a lot of it would boil down to dealer support for me.  From reading the forums, a lot of people have issues with their new boats.  With all of the computers and electronics in a watercraft I am sure all boats are going to have some type of issue over the various stages of ownership, but having a strong dealer getting you up and going is always going to be the best value for me.  Weighing all of those options, if price is right and equal with each other, I am taking 26LSV for me but would still love to go out and enjoy someone else's RI265 as I am sure it will be fun to surf.  Other than price, we are in a great time to be boating enthusiasts as they have all gotten so great and they are all fun in so many ways   

on my lunchbreak i just clicked around the websites...these suckers are BIG.  the tale of the tape is really close (Ri has more water ballast, LSV has higher dryweight and a wedge); both are gonna move a lot of water and are way out of my price range.

my question is on ramfill -- seems like a slick way to fill those tanks in 1-2min, but the other 3000 lbs of water ballast is still via pumps.  So does it still take 5-10min to get fully ballasted...in which case, the ramfill isn't buying you much since you're limited by all the PnP bags?  (for my scenario, with a 5+min no wake zone between dock and surfing, ramfill is actually a minus because pumps can fill/empty during my no-wake trip, while ramfill needs to wait til i pass those outer buoys).

Guessing bu has edge up with wedge, interior and likely better pricing.. TBD

Still shocked we go to a 26'6" beast and we're at same capacity as a 25lsv? And still less than my 2016 25lsv with 19 homies.. 

Ri265 is yacht rated... 

A small FAIL...  

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Still shocked we go to a 26'6" beast and we're at same capacity as a 25lsv? And still less than my 2016 25lsv with 19 homies.. 

Ri265 is yacht rated... 

A small FAIL...  

Bigger is bigger, who cares what a plaque says.

Stop making excuses… 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

someone posted screenshot on another thread of 26LSV having a $343k sticker...i know MSRP doesn't always mean much, but if that's "better pricing" then Centurion will need their heads examined.

Can't I buy 2* pre 2021 25lsv's and surf between them for that? 

If out the door is more than a paragon 25 then forget it.. ya wave may be better but 4 tubers being pulled by a tower.. awesome! 

In reality the 26lsv should be a +15-20k over 25lsv will wait to see

Edited by The Hulk
30 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

In reality the 26lsv should be a +15-20k over 25lsv will wait to see

It won’t be based on the build sheet that was posted. LT4 is standard on the 26. From what I’ve seen there’s about a 50k price delta between the two (base price msrp). 

8 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

It won’t be based on the build sheet that was posted. LT4 is standard on the 26. From what I’ve seen there’s about a 50k price delta between the two (base price msrp). 

Pretty big jump for no additional pasaangers.

From video looks like ther isn't much more butt space compared to the 25 with the cooler storage in the middle on pasaanger side? Anyone been in it to see how it feels space wise compared to the 25?

Capacity is sometimes an issue not for surfing but restaurants, 4th if July fireworks and other such instances..

Not concerned about surfing... I've surfed 2* this year for about 10min each time.. kids are into tubing and skiing lately so I'm not complaining as they really took to it this year... perhaps more surfing next year.. 

Take the pontoon for most things now (14 capacity) unless we need the 19 capacity in wakeboat.. 

Hope to test one of these out but no dealers in my area will bring one in since they don't even bring 25s in.. I'll have to go back to Detroit or perhaps down to Indianapolis.. basically 3hrs away/lot of driving if any bugs need worked out.. 

So, you go to Detroit to demo but then can order from your local dealer, right?   You wouldn't be reliant on a 3 hour drive for service.  

If you really aren't concerned about surfing, why so much interest in a tow boat?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think I'm the only one here wondering what your real angle is and what fits your needs.   Just need the cool factor of a towboat? 

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

So, you go to Detroit to demo but then can order from your local dealer, right?   You wouldn't be reliant on a 3 hour drive for service.  

If you really aren't concerned about surfing, why so much interest in a tow boat?  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think I'm the only one here wondering what your real angle is and what fits your needs.   Just need the cool factor of a towboat? 

I like to surf when i get to surf! Mostly wants... 

Time for an upgrade just being picky .  Took me 2yrs to decide on a tritoon  🤣

I like dealer demos with bugs worked out! Plus getting one at end of season is like an extra year of warranty in a way for us northern folks

On 8/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, IXFE said:

Bigger is bigger, who cares what a plaque says.

Stop making excuses… 

bingo!! dude is cheap like me , he is not buying one, he luvs his older very affordable model that may well be paid for!

@The HulkI just got back from a vacation with another family.  We had 10 people on my boat for a few days.  Zero space issues for us.  

It's relatively common that we have 10-14 people on our boat.  Also relatively common that we have 4-6.  Regardless of what the plaque says, the 26 gives you an additional 18" of cabin space. 

Your move........you want the upgrade, simply get it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

@The HulkI just got back from a vacation with another family.  We had 10 people on my boat for a few days.  Zero space issues for us.  

It's relatively common that we have 10-14 people on our boat.  Also relatively common that we have 4-6.  Regardless of what the plaque says, the 26 gives you an additional 18" of cabin space. 

Your move........you want the upgrade, simply get it.

Gotta see one in real life/action ! Likely Next summer if all goes well.

Just did some ballast fill &  boat lift testing this morning with the extra weight on motor/winchbox.. should be good for a 26 on initial amp readings

Canopy is 32ft and 144" inside width as i was planning on a 27 a few years back 

• Like 1
On 8/5/2022 at 9:19 PM, Pnwrider said:

I have the 25LSV and looking at the 26LSV if there is a $50K difference in price that is a shame.  They look like basically the same boat with the cooler storage on the port side unless there is a huge difference in performance.   According to Malibu's website my 25LSV is rated for 18 people and the 26LSV is rated for 17 people.  Huh?  That seems counterintuitive.  Pay more get less? lol

On 8/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, shawndoggy said:

Seems like you just want a wakeboat body kit for a pontoon?   

Let's not act like this is exactly what >50% of the surf boat demographic needs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2