Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'02 Sunsetter LXi "Cooler"

I know it not much of a cooler (not insulated and out of the way) but I sometimes use the cooler in the bow for "overflow beverages"

Do any of you know where the cooler drains to? Is it the bilge or the ski locker?

Thanks...

Edited by rts

Our '00 SLXi drains to the ski locker. Freaked me out the first time I used it and saw all the water in the ski locker afterwards!

Mine goes to the bilge (01 SLXi). As far as not being insulated, you can keep things colder a lot loger by plugging the drain and keeping the cold H2O in with the ice. I think a 3/8" rubber livewell stopper does the trick.

Mine goes to the bilge (01 SLXi).  As far as not being insulated, you can keep things colder a lot loger by plugging the drain and keeping the cold H2O in with the ice.  I think a 3/8" rubber livewell stopper does the trick.

Does anybody know if that is the same size for the 2005 LSV?

Looking for a drain plugg to keep the ice longer. ;)

Our '00 SLXi drains to the ski locker. Freaked me out the first time I used it and saw all the water in the ski locker afterwards!

You might want to check that again as it should drain into the bilge.

Yeah, mine drains to the ski locker. I remember opening it up on our first trip after break-in and thinking, "What the hell is all this cold water from?"

Talk about a "Duh" moment. :)

Well that's an oxymoron.

They really are one and the same, well at least in my VLX they are.

On the Slxi there is a divider between the ski locker and bilge. There is also a plug in that divider that when open lets water flow from bilge to ski locker.

I would imagine that newer wakesetters would have the same size drain. If not the pluags are expandable to some degree and are availabe in a few different sizes. Check at a place like wally world.

On the Slxi there is a divider between the ski locker and bilge.  There is also a plug in that divider that when open lets water flow from bilge to ski locker.

I think my 99 SLXI locker has always drained to the bilge. perhaps that plug isn't in place. I'll need to take a look again tonight at home

You might want to check that again as it should drain into the bilge.

I will, assuming it ever gets warm enough to use the cooler! Maybe at Shasta...