Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Prices Falling

Wakeskate77

53 minutes ago, sidekicknicholas said:

It appears many used prices from dealers are those who overpaid for boats at the peak and are now stuck.  Twice in my search I had inquired about barely used models vs. new because of territory issues and in almost every case the dealer could offer me a new boat cheaper than a 1-2 year old used boat they were carrying.

I was curious if Dealer has or will have more incentives to sell new.  I have to believe credit is gonna be very tight on personal loans with all the craziness this week.  Curious if Malibu (for example) will be giving dealer incentives to move new boats?  Time will tell.  If I can get a great deal on a 2019 25 LSV from the dealer - that is what I am aiming for.  I will post my feedback once I get closer to getting serious with my local dealer.  Waiting for things to get tighter and water to get warmer in Dallas.  

Are a lot of used boats at Dealer - consignment??

Edited by tlisotta
3 hours ago, tlisotta said:

I was curious if Dealer has or will have more incentives to sell new.  I have to believe credit is gonna be very tight on personal loans with all the craziness this week.  Curious if Malibu (for example) will be giving dealer incentives to move new boats?  Time will tell.  If I can get a great deal on a 2019 25 LSV from the dealer - that is what I am aiming for.  I will post my feedback once I get closer to getting serious with my local dealer.  Waiting for things to get tighter and water to get warmer in Dallas.  

I've always wondered if they would ever start offering lease programs.  It is basically what they already do anyway with 30 year loans. I feel like I would consider lease a Prostar or Ski Nautique/200 for example because 120-150 on a ski boat, I'm out... 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tlisotta said:

I dunno if credit is ever really tight on people who can afford 200K for a boat.

• Like 2

you can normally get a lower rate loan on NEW vs USED for anything so "from a monthly" cost new can easily be cheaper especially with crazy high used costs.  

not sure on boats right now, but i heard the national avg "USED" vehicle financing rate is around 10% and rates on NEW were quite a bit lower in the 6.5-7% range maybe. 

Factor in some even lower mfg financing deals (on vehicles) and or incentives on new,   its a no brainer to buy new in many cases. The question is how quickly will this start to affect prices on used? So far they have remained high but seem to be every slowly dropping. 

i just talked to a friend who is very upset: had they waited a month they could have bought NEW at way less monthly cost than their used...They are considering to sell asap and go new to free up cash flow... interesting... 

Edited by The Hulk

I kicked the tires on some '23 25 LSV.  Dealer sales sheet is 15% off MSRP.  I'll be honest, that was higher than I was expecting in their starting point.  They have 30 new / used Bu's in stock.

Edited by Five Cent Worth
41 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I kicked the tires on some '23 25 LSV.  Dealer sales sheet is 15% off MSRP.  I'll be honest, that was higher than I was expecting in their starting point.  They have 30 new / used Bu's in stock.

You should be able to get an extra 5+ off msrp I would think. 

Still blows my mind left over 2019 nicely spec 25 LSV’s were being sold in 2020 (covid) for around 110. That same boat goes for 140ish now used with hours. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Still blows my mind left over 2019 nicely spec 25 LSV’s were being sold in 2020 (covid) for around 110. That same boat goes for 140ish now used with hours. 

Yes but the used ones are sitting there - will they sell at $140?  

• Like 1
OtherBoatisaCessna
9 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

Well when you put it that way…

• Like 1

I can't get 100 out of my 18 LSV23 highly optioned and many upgrade mods. Asking 110 but would definitely work the price. Been on market since October. Had very interested buyer at 107 but 430 hrs scared them off. Been in the classifieds here for 5 months with no interest. Not a worry really cause I have it in a trade deal for my new ride at a savings to me of 107k with tax savings. It will be traded within a week. My new one will be unwrapped tomorrow forimage.thumb.png.3ce11e9cf4a2235b767bdf31c08a4971.png me to inspect.:crazy:image.png.b41fe156e8771af75f04e2ac4512fa41.png

17 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I can't get 100 out of my 18 LSV23 highly optioned and many upgrade mods. Asking 110 but would definitely work the price. Been on market since October. Had very interested buyer at 107 but 430 hrs scared them off. Been in the classifieds here for 5 months with no interest. Not a worry really cause I have it in a trade deal for my new ride at a savings to me of 107k with tax savings. It will be traded within a week. My new one will be unwrapped tomorrow forimage.thumb.png.3ce11e9cf4a2235b767bdf31c08a4971.png me to inspect.:crazy:image.png.b41fe156e8771af75f04e2ac4512fa41.png

good for you locking in a decent trade deal months ago as it seems like a lot has changed.  Since you haven't had any luck, will be interesting to see if the dealer is able to move it easily.

congrats on the new toy

On 3/19/2023 at 7:05 AM, dalt1 said:

image.thumb.png.9bc0abcfb07f12c7f1d844318f4cdfb6.pngShe is freed of the shrink wrap.

Congrats, good looking tug. Does that have the off road trailer option? Those tires look meaty. 

2 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Congrats, good looking tug. Does that have the off road trailer option? Those tires look meaty. 

Yep put the trailer in 4 wheel drive and you can launch and retrieve from the bank.:lol:image.thumb.png.076cc9b1f89ad07508ee4bd181453f00.png

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Yep put the trailer in 4 wheel drive and you can launch and retrieve from the bank.:lol:image.thumb.png.076cc9b1f89ad07508ee4bd181453f00.png

Why did they put ridge grapplers on the trailer? 
I love the ridge grapplers on my truck but on a trailer??? 

You don't like spending $1800 on trailer tires?  Didn't Boatmate do the same on their Paragon trailer.  I have alway though that was stupid.  Can imagine what it would do to the trailer or boat if it came apart.

4 hours ago, kstateskier1 said:

You don't like spending $1800 on trailer tires?  Didn't Boatmate do the same on their Paragon trailer.  I have alway though that was stupid.  Can imagine what it would do to the trailer or boat if it came apart.

Wouldnt be any worse than the chintzy tires boatmate puts on the 14 inch wheels if it came apart. Most of the wakeboat trailers I see at the lake have some kind of auto tire on them. Good looking boat @dalt1

When the steel belts let go they wipe out pretty much everything in their path (like a steel weed eater).  But that's really what does it and not so much the tread pattern.  

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don't mind spending that kind of $ on trailer tires, especially because USED BOAT PRICES ARE FALLING

I will say, me and the wife have been keeping an eye out for something a bit bigger for the rough water days.

We have seen the prices dropping a bit on the boats we have been looking at, but they are non wake boats.