Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 release Date

MMBtu

I was wondering the same thing.  MC is starting to show boats.........I thought Malibu's started showing up in August?  ICBW.

20 hours ago, Sixer said:

I was wondering the same thing.  MC is starting to show boats.........I thought Malibu's started showing up in August?  ICBW.

That is the messy thing about Malibu's new model year launch.  The new MY boats will be orderable and some will start showing up at dealers (and a few people will take delivery and told not to talk about their new boats) before Malibu actually gets around to officially announcing the new MY and changes.  So there is no clear answer to "when".  Dealers might already be ordering MY23 boats today.

• Confused 1

Interesting in Australia this week,  they emailed all clients to show the new 2023 22LSV. It was on the website with full detail. I just looked again, and it has been taken down. 

• Like 1

Are they really waiting until SEPT?  That doesn't add up...especially when looking across what others are doing as far as timing.

I'm going in Saturday to the local dealer to check out their 2022 stock.  When I called to set it up, the salesman hinted that he might have some open order blocks on 2023 models that could get locked in at the same prices as the 2022 models if I sign up immediately.  However I didnt inquire how long it would take for the dealer to actually receive a custom order 2023.  Even if he does allow me to shop 2023 models I think I'm giong to just go with this years stuff because I don't want to wait 6-8 months for a new boat.

How long does it typically take between the time that Malibu shows the models and the time they actually start taking orders on the next year models?

Edited by platon20

i've seen elsewhere on TMC that folks have already ordered 2023's (including models not yet announced publically)...so you may have lots of options when talking to the dealership.  good luck.

15 hours ago, platon20 said:

I'm going in Saturday to the local dealer to check out their 2022 stock.  When I called to set it up, the salesman hinted that he might have some open order blocks on 2023 models that could get locked in at the same prices as the 2022 models if I sign up immediately.  However I didnt inquire how long it would take for the dealer to actually receive a custom order 2023.  Even if he does allow me to shop 2023 models I think I'm giong to just go with this years stuff because I don't want to wait 6-8 months for a new boat.

How long does it typically take between the time that Malibu shows the models and the time they actually start taking orders on the next year models?

I ordered in 22' Axis in late May 21'.  Took delivery in September.  Might change a little each year though.  

Edited by theloungelife
Spell
22 minutes ago, platon20 said:

Update:  Went to the local dealer today.  He gave me 2 options:  custom build a new 2023 model with delivery expected in September or get a discount on a 2022 model.

I opted for the 2022 Wakesetter 24 MXZ because they had one with the color scheme and all the options I liked in house.  They are getting it ready and will take delivery this next Friday.  Now I have to go to "wake boat school" and figure out how to run this thing LOL

Congratulations! You’re going to love the wave on that boat, and all the space.

1 hour ago, platon20 said:

Update:  Went to the local dealer today.  He gave me 2 options:  custom build a new 2023 model with delivery expected in September or get a discount on a 2022 model.

I opted for the 2022 Wakesetter 24 MXZ because they had one with the color scheme and all the options I liked in house.  They are getting it ready and will take delivery this next Friday.  Now I have to go to "wake boat school" and figure out how to run this thing LOL

24MXZ is my dream boat. Hopefully get there in the next 3-5. 

Congrats!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, platon20 said:

Wow, they were ready for September delivery on a custom order? What a difference a year makes.

24mxz sounds like a bird in the hand, should be tons of fun. Once you get started, definitely report back and dont be shy about asking TMC for help setting it all up.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...