Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picking up another Barefoot Boat (...an Outboard this Time)

JB-FOOT

On 8/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, Steve B. said:

JB is the Sanger an inboard? They make some sweet rides.

Steve B.

Yes it is. The DXII Barefooter Edition

At the end of the day, I was not comfortable with an OLD-er Outboard motor. too much risk for my comfort zone, PLUS, the lack of a useable swim platform were concerns, 

The barefoot wake on this boat is PHENOMINAL 

boat came with a tower, bimini, tandem axle trailer, judges package ((two removeable jump seats and a removeable rear speedo), which of course are not being used nor is the back seat bottom.) LOL

boat has under 600 hours 

Edited by JB-FOOT
wrong information
  • Like 2
On 8/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, footndale said:

JB is busy enjoying his new ride. 

That was our 1st time in the water at our Pittsburgh place. my buddy TJ had the pleasure of being the 1st to foot behind it. he drops and starts repeating himself over and over and over and over again OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.....I asked him if he needed a cigarette (none of us smoke nor does he), he said "YES, put it between My Toes".....LMAO

5 hours ago, JB-FOOT said:

Please explain how and what the trailer mod does

Looks like the forward bunks have been replaced with rollers. I presume this allows for easier power loading and unloading while retaining the benefits of regular bunks as long as it is not floating.

10 hours ago, JB-FOOT said:

Please explain how and what the trailer mod does

A better picture.

Front bunks replaced with custom ball bearing rollers. Drives on and off so smooth. JUST DON'T EVER UNHOOK OUT OF WATER. :)

There is no powering on or off. No wear on bottom of boat either.

image.png.75be0792cf50fc7addf5515155d61c17.png

9 minutes ago, PopsA22 said:

Did you make that roller slide or did you buy it already fabricated.  I'd like to do that to my trailer.

It was on the trailer all ready. But it is custom fabricated. 

Wheels like this should work.
https://www.amazon.com/Nylon-Pulley-Bearings-Guiding-Diameter/dp/B09BTJMCSR/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Nylon+Roller+Bearing+Wheel&qid=1662043647&sr=8-4

On 7/18/2022 at 8:50 AM, justgary said:

Any pictures yet?

On 8/27/2022 at 6:26 PM, justgary said:

This thread now needs the obligatory :kewlpics:!

On 8/27/2022 at 6:49 PM, tvano said:

or it never happened.

@JB-FOOT, We are not convinced that you actually bought a boat.  One video gratuitously posted by @footndale is *not* evidence.

We want pictures, and we want them now!  :woot:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, footndale said:

Well that video was JB's youtube account.  But real pics would be cool too.

so, how much "gas" do I have to buy to post pictures

10 minutes ago, JB-FOOT said:

so, how much "gas" do I have to buy to post pictures

I post each image to imgur.com (one at a time), copy the link, then insert it here under the other media pulldown.  You have to add ".jpg" at the end of the URL.

I think I'd take that spark arrestor off of the throttle body and screw it to the dash to go with all of the other round things.

Maybe that's not a spark arrestor, it's a wake roller to smooth the wake.  Or maybe an alien transporter antenna.

I like the down pipes, though.  Those things are cool.

2 hours ago, tvano said:

those pics more than meet the minimum required image standards (mris).

nice rig.  always liked sanger

Since we accept gratuitously posted photos now, I guess they'll do.  :crazy:

It really is a nice looking boat.  I'd like to go see it in person some day.

What's with the post going up off the pylon?  Did that universal tower have too much shake/flex without additional support?  Nice looking boat though, lover footing the DX2's.

1 hour ago, drh said:

What makes a good barefoot wake as opposed to a good ski wake?

Slalom is performed at or under 36 MPH on short line lengths (generally 53' or less).  Barefoot is done over 36 MPH on long line lengths. 

@JB-FOOT reports that the Sanger has no bump or anything at 85' (and I assume around 42 MPH).

3 minutes ago, TomH said:

What's with the post going up off the pylon?  Did that universal tower have too much shake/flex without additional support?  Nice looking boat though, lover footing the DX2's.

That's where the strippers hang out.