Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center ballast tank not venting on 2018 LSV23.

LanierFoiler

LanierFoiler

I think I have a problem with the vent but I don't know where the vent goes out nor how to clear it.  Any help is appreciated.  More details below on why I think the vent is the problem.

What is happening is my center tank fills about half way then water starts draining out so it never fills any further.  My gage is reading correct and the pump is working so I think the vent not allowing air to evacuate and that causes water to drain once the pressure builds up in the tank.  It's just a theory but it makes sense to me unless someone has a different idea.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
LanierFoiler

Fixed.  Updating if anyone else has a similar problem. 

I was right about the problem being a venting issue.  To make a long story short, the vents air vents from the holes in the side of the boat near where the ballast drains out from.  On my boat, I have five holes on the bow section.  One drains the center tank, one drains the front tank, and three are vent lines.  Some mud daubers made a home in the rear-most hole which happened to be the vent for the center ballast.  When I cleared that hole out, the tank acts normally again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1