Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New VTX fat sacs on top of rear ballasts don't fill?

GerryB

13 hours ago, GerryB said:

I have the plug and play fat sacks from the factory on my 2022 VTX.  Why are they not filling? 

they should tank over flow line fill even if  the valve to the top of sac fill hose is closed they just fill slower,  if your tanks under them are filling but not back filling the sac, the tanks  should then be overflowing out the side.  you sure your tanks are filling?  you have one fill pump for both,  do you hear it running?  

have you tried fill all again? also in setup you have to set your model to get them to properly fill as well i think

Edited by granddaddy55
ahopkins22LSV

On the VTX the hardtanks are still completely below the floor and do not go up the side wall like on the bigger boats. You have to select the rear tanks again and hit fill a few times to get the bags to 100% fill. Also make sure in the setting, configuration menu, that the boat model and hull ID is correct. If that isn’t the computer will shut off the pumps right away even after you restart them. I believe I have to restart them twice to fill my 550 bags completely in our 2020 VTX.

• 2 weeks later...

Surfed my boat (2021 VTX) for the first time this season on July 5th and noticed that my pnp bags were not filling. They worked fine last year and I never even had to reselect after reaching 100%. Not sure if there was an interim software update, but the pumps were turning off 10 seconds after hitting 100%. Reselecting fill only turned them on another 10 seconds. Dealership sent out a tech to reinstall new software update for 2022 which now allows pumps to run for 1 minute after reaching 100% but this is way to short and requires multiple “fill” selections… major pain