Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass install help

SevernRat

Anyone have any advise or tips on how to fish the wire to the engine? I have a 2003 Malibu Sunsetter LXI which never had cruise control installed.

I have everything else installed and ready, but am having serious issues getting the fish down to the engine area from the drivers dash area to pull the cabling through.

Most YouTube videos on perfect pass installs seem to just skip over this part.

Do you have a fish tape?  One thing you could try is to loop a small key ring onto your throttle or transmission cable (carefully) then put the fish tape loop end in there as well.  That should let you work the tape from one end to the other as it will follow the cable path.

2 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Do you have a fish tape?  One thing you could try is to loop a small key ring onto your throttle or transmission cable (carefully) then put the fish tape loop end in there as well.  That should let you work the tape from one end to the other as it will follow the cable path.

Ohhhh that's a sweet idea. Thanks. I'm just starting to dig in again now that work for the day is done. I'll update with progress.

Any other ideas are welcomed too!

Got it done. Had to get my wife to help snag the fish near the engine as I push it down and wiggled it. Had to do it twice, as the first time the wires and fish got caught on something that I couldn't pull through. There's a bunch of extra tubes down there as the boat has MLS.

It's all ziptied and good to go now. Tested and all working properly. Thanks for your suggestion, UWSkier.