Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle won’t stay between 700-1900 rpm

Hey yo!

First post here and new to Malibu.  I bought a 2018 23LSV last winter brand new.  It had been sitting at the TN airport for a few years on display.  Jumped on it and have been loving it since.

One strange thing that I came across with this boat is it’s inability for the throttle to stay in the 700-1900 rpm range.  There seems to be a spring (or something) that physically pulls the throttle handle back to the minimum “engaged” position.  So while I can cruise without my hand holding the throttle in place at about 2000 rpm’s, I can’t cruise without physically holding the throttle in place at slower engine speeds between 700-1900 rpm’s.  

Is this normal?  And if so, why?  I recently took it into the dealer for it’s initial break-in service and asked about this and they said that’s normal.  Obviously I wasn’t thrilled about this answer and wanted to take it to the crew.  Hopefully I have explained this well enough.

Thanks in advance!

Normal.  Not sure what the "official" reason is.  But IMO it forces you (as a driver) to be in full control of the vessel while at low/no-wake speeds.  From a safety view, i get it.  Do i like it, meh.

That is normal.  Try using the docking mode at low speed and see if you prefer how the throttle feels.  By throttling up then slightly backing down I have been able to get the throttle to stay in place, but there are only a few times I've had to drive at that speed long enough to make it worthwhile.